Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Double Honor Instead of - - -

"Instead of your shame you shall have double honor, and instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double: Everlasting joy shall be theirs." Isaiah 61:7

Are you ever confused, worried, depressed, or ashamed of your past?

Although I know some things in my past are forgiven, there are time when thoughts parade across my mind and I feel guilt and a wish that I could have changed certain actions.

The Bible speaks of silly women and as I look back in time, at certain events, that was me, the foolish one.

I should have been a better mother, wife, example, teacher, and worker, here the list gets longer the more you think.

The mind loves to rehearse, and although thinking is good, it can also be bad. The Bible requires that we think on things that are lovely and of good report. If we find that we are thinking on things that condemn, worry and upset us, it is time to adjust our thoughts.

How to do this? Certainly you can only think on ONE thing at a time, so change the channel.

Begin to quote to yourself, Bible verses you have committed to memory, or what helps me is to sing a hymn or worship chorus.

The past is no more, and thinking about it will not change anything. Paul says forgetting those things, I press on to the new day and the future.

God has promised to reward us double joy and peace for our trouble. Instead of shame, He promises that we will have double honor.

Simply believe it and receive it. Make it your affirmation: “God’s blessings are mine.”



1 comment:

allisondegeorge said...

well said
my mind tends to go to those places too
and then He reminds me
I have His mind now...