Sunday, January 8, 2012

In the Fullness of TIME


image courtesy photobucket.com
“In the Fullness of Time” was the Title of Pastor Carl’s sermon on Sunday. Taken from Galatians 4:2-6 where Paul was speaking of the minor child although an heir was under the care of guardians and stewards until the time appointed by his father.

“But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.”

Hebrews 1:1-2 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

Gleaning from Pastors message, through Jesus, we inherit a kingdom that is not shaken. Other kingdoms come and go, they rise and fall, but His kingdom shall stand forever.

God is greater than the universe that He created. Heaven and Earth may pass away but His Word will not pass away.

Our Timeless God placed the sun, moon and all the millions of stars in place and holds them together by His word. He appointed the seasons, causes the birds to fly, and the ground to bring forth.

God created man and we are wonderfully made, and in Him we live and move and have our being.

God created TIME. Then God himself stepped into time. Jesus took the giant step into the darkness which included death and opened the doors to bring us light and eternal life.

Jesus stepped down to gather us up, from the lowest to the highest, taking our shame and sin upon himself. He walked our lives, and understands our temptations and brokenness.

The ancients told time by shadows and sundials, we have a stop watch, an egg timer and a rooster to crow.

There is an Appropriate Time, “When the griddle is hot," "When the fruit is ripe.”

It is of great sorrow and a tragic moment when we allow our golden chance to pass. Harken to God’s voice and act on your opportunities. Don’t allow them to slip needlessly by.

Time is relentless and limited. How many breaths, how long do we have left? Work while it is yet day, while there is yet time.

Jesus calls to us out of his great love and urges us to redeem the Time for it is short.

Take my life and let it be fully consecrated unto Thee.

Enjoy this beautiful song: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Byp7aK2DA

This post is linked to Deidra’s Sunday Jump Tandem  
And to Michelle’s  Hear it on Sunday

7 comments:

Laurie Collett said...

Thank you for this Biblical, thought-provoking post! There are at least 3 challenges for the Christian regarding time: not missing the timing of the opportunities He provides for us to glorify Him; being good stewards of the time and other resources He provides us; and waiting on His perfect timing rather than rushing out in our own strength because we grow impatient.
Love in Him,
Laurie

Rhoda said...

I have always loved that song, the words are so good! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

LeAnn ~ My Day In The Making said...

This is beautifully written and full of wisdom. Thanks for sharing it. I especially love how you point out that he made time and then stepped into it. Also, my heart sang along with your last words, "take my life and let it be fully consecrated to Thee."

Blue Cotton Memory said...

Your post reminded me that God knew each season we would be born in to - the challenges each time period would face - and equipped us to face those challenges and meet Him in those challenges! Every Time is right for Him! Your reminder encouraged me that I am equipped for the time I am in!

floyd said...

I don't want to be a disrespectful, but your summary touched deeper into the subject of Christ and His purpose on His earth than I could imagine by another person, at least for me and for this day.

Well said and extremely encouraging I must say. Thanks Hazel.

Denise said...

Stopped by to visit your blog this morning, and what a blessing! Lovely post; I definitely need to slow down and enjoy every moment of my worship time with God, with myself, friends, family, and anyone or anything else that He has placed in my life, and realize the importance of this precious time He has given me.

Blessings and hugs! :)
Denise

Sheila said...

Lovely, Hazel.

I struggle with time. This perspective blesses me.