Thursday, November 21, 2013

Only a Small Zucchini

Image courtesy
photobucket.com
My items were few in number, so I decided to go through the self help line where you scan your own items. 
 
Quickly I ran each item through the process, and paid for my purchases.  I then hastily placed my bags into my shopping cart and sped out to the parking lot.
 
As I loaded my goods into my van, I noticed there on the bottom of the shopping cart, one lonely zucchini squash that I had forgot to scan and pay for.
 
Oh yes, I was in a hurry, but I knew the few cents that I owed for this item, must be paid for.  Otherwise I would not be able to sleep good tonight.
 
Hurrying back into the store; again I got in line at the “Do it yourself scanner.”
 
There you go; 34 cents was my purchase.  I decided to find change in my purse and enter the coins one at a time.   Plunk, plink, paid in full.
 
Taking my receipt, I left the store, feeling good about being honest in the smallest of things.
 
Now Lord, help me to be honest about the bigger things!

 

4 comments:

Betty Jo said...

I totally relate to this post Hazel. I have a receipt at this moment in my purse going back to the store tomorrow to be corrected. I too went through the self-checkout and hit regular apples rather than the organic I actually bought. Yes, Lord, help me to be honest about the bigger things too, like my sister Hazel!

Floyd said...

"Who can be trusted with little can be trusted with much." I've found that to be the case. People who cheat at the little things will cheat greatly when it comes to significant things. I always try to equate it with my own value. If I steal thirty five cents then that is the sum total of my worth... We're worth far more than a number can measure... Honorable action, Hazel. It's always the little things that say so much.

Sharon said...

I completely understand. I've even gone back to a store when I find I haven't paid for everything! And, when someone has given me too much money in change - same thing.

Honesty is the best policy - and it is what God calls us to!!

GOD BLESS!

Sharon said...

I am the same way, Hazel. I have been known to make a trip back to a store to pay for overlooked things. And, if the error is made in my favor - like too much change back - I also do the right thing.

Honesty is the best policy - and it is what God calls us to.

GOD BLESS!