Saturday, August 25, 2018

Who is Jesus? Chapter 19 Jesus meets a Religious Leader.


To View this Post Chapter 19 on YouTube Live Click Here


Even So Must the Son of Man be Lifted Up


Who is Jesus? Chapter 19  Jesus meets a Religious Leader.

Late one evening Jesus had a visitor, Nicodemus, a Pharisee and a leader of the Jews; who stated, I know you are a teacher sent from God, because no one can do these miracles, unless God is with him.

Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."  These words puzzled Nicodemus, and he asked, how can a man be born again when he is old; how can he enter again into his mother's womb and be born?

Jesus answered Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  The wind blows and you hear the sound, but you can't know where it comes and goes.

Nicodemus answered, "How can these things be?"

Jesus said to Nicodemus, "You being a teacher of the law should understand about "Being Born Again." 

(Jesus was referring to the prophesy of Ezekiel 36:25-28.)  Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, I will cleanse you.  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall keep my judgments, and do them.  And I will be your God.

Jesus continued speaking: If I have told you earthly things, and you believe not, how shall you believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? 

Jesus predicted his death by reminding Nicodemus of when God told Moses to lift up the serpent in the wilderness even so must the Son of man be lifted upThat whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 

Jesus continued with a verse it would be good to memorize if you haven't already done so:  John 3:16  "For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."

Nicodemus left Jesus that night with much to think about.  It is good for us also to contemplate what Jesus said: 

Have you considered these words of Jesus?  "God so loved the World, (and that includes YOU;) that whosoever (and that also includes you;) will believe on Jesus, you should not perish but have everlasting life."  

All it takes is a choice to believe and receive Jesus into your life and you will be "born again."  Today is a good day to do make that decision.

Listen, the wind is blowing - - - it is speaking to you now.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Jesus is calling us to Himself. I pray that we will listen. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Hazel.

Unknown said...

I so love that verse... it's imprinted in my soul. That is the Gospel summed up in one verse... If only the world could grasp "God so loved", nothing else in this world matters.

Thanks for the reminder.