Sunday, October 8, 2017

WAIT PATIENTLY

This post is from notes taken during Pastor Allan’s Sermon on Sunday Morning.



How many here are waiting for an answer from God, that hasn’t arrived yet?  (Hands were raised all over the congregation.)

Understand that God hears your cry and he is asking you to ‘Wait Patiently.’

Psalms 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

Are you willing to wait and be patient in your waiting?

We get so caught up in serving that we forget who we are serving.
As we wait, God lifts us up sets our feet on a rock and puts a new song in our heart.

Psalms 40:2,3 He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. And he has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

Understand that God is working behind the scenes and he is listening to your prayers.  In the mean time He is preparing you for His perfect plan.  So I wait.  So I wait patiently, not trying to help God out as some have done. If we are not careful, we can mess things up that God desires to do.

We long for the fire of God to come down on our mountain of trouble.  We yearn to view the supernatural army come to defeat those obstacles in our path.

God says:  “I have a plan, - - Let me bring it to pass as you wait.”

Know that we are in this for the long haul.  God is not in a hurry as we often are.  Our human inclination is to “Want our answer now.”

God asks us to wait with wisdom and patience that He gives.

Psalms 40:4  How blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD and does not seek help from the proud or from liars!

Happy is the person who seeks truth and does not run after liars, but will Trust in the Lord.

Waiting takes trust that God is hearing your cry and is directing traffic.

Our Lord has done great things, and His thoughts toward us are for our good. If we try to count His benefits, they are too many to number.

While we wait, He feeds us and cares for us as we trust in Him.

All the disciples of Jesus were willing to be taught.  We can be taught as we wait patiently.

Many of us are waiting for the restoration of our children or loved ones. 

Besides waiting what else must we do?  The simple answer is to Trust and Obey.

We plant a seed in good soil, but it must be cared for.  We water it and tenderly remove weeds, and wait patiently for it to mature and bring a harvest.

It may turn out that your answer is on its way.  It may arrive tomorrow.


Wait patiently, and trust that it will surely come.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I was just reading this verse! In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3
Cameron is having a wonderful experience in israel. Thank you for your prayer for him.

Mareliz said...

Dear Hazel,

Its been a long while..Ive been away from blogging but I havent forgotten you and Robert. I have known you through blogland. I am not sure if you remember me but I hope so. Im so sorry for your lost. May God bless you always.

Aritha said...

Thank you so much! Sharing this wonderful quote with you: Biblically, waiting is not just something we have to do until we get what we want. Waiting is part of the process of becoming what God wants us to be. – John Ortberg

Cheryl said...

"It may arrive tomorrow"...that struck a chord with me as I thought how wonderful it would be if God did answer tomorrow for the burdens that weigh so heavily upon our hearts! My dear Mom always told me that God has His own timetable. He is not boxed in by our demands. It is hard to sit in the waiting room, because it feels like nothing is being accomplished. I love the thoughts your pastor shared. Thanks for passing them along to us here.

Yvonne Chase said...

Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

Love this: "Understand that God is working behind the scenes and he is listening to your prayers. In the mean time He is preparing you for His perfect plan."

AMEN AND AMEN!

Unknown said...

A needed reminder, Hazel. I tend to run out in front of God and try to take matters into my own hands... and yet it's never worked out... just shown me His unmerited favor; grace.