Sunday Pastor Carl read from Colossians 1:14-23. The following is a gleaning as I took notes:
19 For it pleased the Father that in Him (Jesus) should all fullness dwell - -
The city of Colossi was a tiny village and God has chosen the small things of this world that He might show his power though those who consider themselves little in their own eyes.
1. Jesus illustrated that small faith even as infinitesimal as a mustard seed will accomplish great things.
2. A cup of water given in His name will receive a reward.
3. Jesus used a young boy’s small lunch to feed a multitude.
4. Great things come in small packages and God can use even the least of us for His glory as we submit to him.
5. Jesus called the lowly fishermen to be his followers, and told them that they would become fishers of men. Peter later wrote two books of the Bible and a transformed Peter reached out to strengthen and influence the believers of that day and of ours.
By Him all things consist as Jesus is the Head of the body. The Head controls the body and gives it direction. The church is His body. Not this church membership or a building, but the collection of all Christian believers, washed in His blood, scattered world wide are the body of Christ.
Understand that as a born again believer, "You are the Church."
There is so much beyond us that we have not seen, yet we believe. There are angels all around us ministering in our behalf. There is an old hymn that says, “I love to tell the story of UNSEEN things above, of Jesus and His glory of Jesus and His love.”
Unseen is The Holy Spirit hovering and gently moving over all the earth, wooing and bringing men and women to Christ. We are to work together with the Holy Spirit and with other Christians because God uses people to preach and teach the Good News to others.