Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oat Bran Muffins

image courtesy photobucket

While shopping at my local store I notice they had some large stoneware bins in one area, where you could help yourself to grains, rice and other selections. They even had recipes for some of the featured items there.

I pulled off a recipe for Oat Bran Muffins and then decided to scoop out several cups of oat bran into a plastic bag and add it in with my other shopping. It was a good choice!

Healthy and full of fiber, any left over muffins would be a simple breakfast to warm quickly in the micro-wave.

In my cupboard at home, was everything else I needed so I was prepared to bake.

Here is the recipe and I hope you will enjoy my muffins too.

Oat Bran Muffins

2 1/4 cup oat bran
1 Tablespoon baking powder (not soda)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey or molasses
1 1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or pumpkin seeds)
1 cup shredded or chopped fruit (I like apples but you can add peaches, bananas, zucchini, carrots or pumpkin) what ever you have on hand.

Mix well and pour into 12 cup muffin tins. Bake at 425 degrees for 17 minutes.

This post has been entered in Ann Kroeker’s, Food on Fridays at http://annkroeker.com/
Do visit her site and gather up some delicious and nutritious recipes.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

These muffins sound like a healthy and tasty treat!

Laura said...

I love a warm muffin with my coffee when I'm off in the morning! These sound scrumptious. And healthy too!