Saturday, July 23, 2011

Praying in the Spirit




image courtesy Photobucket

My eyes are closed and my thoughts are open and directed toward you O Lord,
Yet I see into worlds unknown by others, and you are there,
Your presence enfolds me to your bosom, and your arms hold me secure,
I are helplessly, transfixed as I realize your very virtue flows through me here!

sense your gentle touch reach out - - over the miles, through space and time,
In rapture my prayers flow out through you to those in need and those in pain,
You are there already before my voice did call or mention the need!
Though darkened vision, their faces are yet before me as I call their name.

If you are there already, why must I agonize these words of request?
Are you requiring that two or three are enough to send the enemy on his way?
Do you need someone to “stand in the gap” and stir the healing flow?
Patiently and soberly my petition is brought before you and there I let it lay!

Is it enough to ask once and believe that you have heard?
Should now my prayers be words of thanksgiving and praise?
I know that behind the scenes you are working in their behalf,
My trust is in you, and all your Word declares and says!

I wait and rise for now, shake and alert me again when need is there,
Your word declares that you alone are God and you know our frame is as dust,
Willing to intercede and be your vessel I lean on you, Use me O God, for I am here!
Your hand moves when we ask in faith, and it is in you we place our trust.


Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you know not.
image courtesy photobucket



No comments: