Sunday, December 3, 2017

Singing your Prayers IS a Spiritual Weapon


All week the Holy Spirit has been giving me an exhortation and prophesy to share over my church on Sunday.  At the end of the exhortation, you will find the prophesy that has been edited for you to sing over yourself.  God showed up so powerful as this was given today.



Singing your Prayers IS a Spiritual Weapon against your troubles.

In the Bible, Singers were appointed to praise the Lord as the army went to war –

2 Chronicles 20:21-22  Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the LORD and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: "Give thanks to the LORD, for his love endures forever." When they began singing and praising, the LORD set ambushes against the enemy.

Notice the Bible says they were “saying;” perhaps as a chant similar to the rhythms of chanted prayer by the monks, in the form of plainsong.

Zephaniah 3:17 reminds us that God is musical and He rejoices and sings over you. - -  
The LORD your God in the midst of you is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over you with joy; he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.

Paul reminds us in Ephesians 5:18-19 to…be filled with the Spirit, (by) speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and “SPIRITUAL SONGS,” SINGING and making melody in your heart to the Lord…

Paul tells us in Colossians 3:16:  Let the WORD OF CHRIST dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and SPIRITUAL SONGS, SINGING with Grace in your hearts to the Lord.

·      In these two verses from Paul - -You may not have noticed the words SPIRITUAL SONGS, so you might ask “What is a Spiritual Song?”
·         
·       The answer should be plain; it is a Holy Spirit Anointed song, in tongues or in English as you allow the words to flow from your spirit.   Your song will be powerful coming from the Father’s Heart.
·         
You can sing a prayer.  You can sing a blessing. You can sing a prophesy.

(Sing over yourself this prophesy)  Jesus is here now showering His blessings for what ever is my need.  I will reach out and receive.  His healing power is coming forth, being poured over my head and flowing down over my body.  I am allowing the gentle touch of the great physician to administer supernatural healing treatments to my eyes, to my ears, neck, shoulders, backs, arms, wrists, hips, legs, ankles feet and toes.  Jesus is shaping and correcting my internal organs and mending my heart, my blood and blood vessels.  I am allowing the breath of the Holy Spirit to fill my lungs this day as I breathe in HIS life from the Living Christ who is the same today as He was Yesterday.

Jesus is also saying to me: 
“You are loved, you are mine, you are forgiven – now follow me. - - -


If the Holy Spirit has ministered to you today, please write it out as a testimony and share it with your Pastor.


5 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful song, Hazel, and a great way to pray. I love it when the Holy Spirit gives me a song right from the Father's heart. My son sings spontaneous prophetic songs in the prayer room at his church. Thank you for sharing this. Pray you have a wonderful week.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the wonderful prayer song. I can't think of a better way to start a day. Blessings to you, sister.

BettieG said...

Dear Hazel,
Thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts about songs in the Spirit. The Lord has given me precious songs from His Spirit and the Scriptures over the years that were so personal for my family. And He used them so beautifully to bring healing into such broken places. Thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts today, and reminding me of God's promises!

Quinson- Alive Christians said...

God bless you and thank you for this post. Singing a prayer song is prophetic in nature. It has always been a blessing to me when I do it. Thanks for sharing this.

Bro wycliffe zablon said...

Thanks for sharing this message,songs are inspiration from God and they truly restore the heart and makes the soul and body free here they call it medicine, be blessed.