Saturday, January 30, 2010

Blog Talk Radio

My daughter is one of my Blog fans. She suggested that I start my own radio show on Blog Talk Radio. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ Well that was interesting as I am still learning about internet technology. Also I am learning more about Face Book, Twitter, Blogs, and Social Media in general.

A radio show might be a good idea if I could keep the message around 15 minutes. The trouble is, most of my blogs are short and no longer than 5 minutes.

I was thinking about radio and the dark closet a person might broadcast from. The audience is out there in La-La Land and you are alone with your words.

Another thought came to me about my mother and something she told me when I was a child. I had been caught again because I had shared a secret with my sister who promised not to tell. Ha! Ha! Mother told me that things I did not want to be broadcast upon the house tops should be kept in my closed mouth.

Mother always used the Bible to prove her point so she told me that it says in Luke 12: “For there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Therefore, whatsoever you have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which you have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.”

Don’t get me wrong because there are times when my foot still goes in my mouth when it should not be there. Words can hurt or heal depending on what you have to say. In the book of Proverbs it says; Death and life are in the power of the tongue and I try to remember that.

So shall I do a talk show? Am I willing to allow my thoughts and words to be broadcast from the housetops?

MAYBE yes!! -- I am still praying about it.

Thank you for allowing me to make a joyful noise today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, Hazel I think you should. I have known you for many years and have always thought you were very careful with your words. I have thought about that many times in our relationship. I love your stories, radio would get them out even more...they are very good. Yes, from me...:-)