Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Weighty Situation

You may have talents or gifts that flow from within you, but, as for me. I generally need some outside motivation in order to get things done.

I hate to say it, but I suppose it stems from a weakness of mine for putting things off. Procrastination is a big word and, unfortunately I have learned its meaning the hard way!

I told my husband the other day,

“I am going to set my timer for one hour, and when it rings, I will go outside and walk around our grounds and out to the gate.”

He looked at me rather puzzled, and then I remarked,

“- - - and I plan to begin this next week.”

We both laughed!

I need to loose weight. There seems only one method to get it done besides diet, and that is exercise. Yes, that is what I need to do. At least, that is what all the health pundits advise. Moving around more gets the heart to pumping, the lungs to working, and the blood to flowing.

Admitting that there is a problem is only the first phase in change. Putting action to a decision is what will get the job done.

It is the same with any type of addiction. The person may claim he wants to quit his habit. Nothing will happen until he admits that he has a problem and is helpless to change without some outside help. When that choice is made to do something about it, it is only then that the person can be liberated!

Along with the oven-timer bell that I plan to set, I am also doing something else. I am asking God to set a timer bell in my spirit that will alert me what to eat and what not to eat. With both of the two bells working I should get somewhere with this weight problem.

I must leave for now; my kitchen timer bell just went off. It is time for my little walk.

Psalms 121:2 My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.

No comments: