Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wedding Blues and Pinks

This was a wedding that we were not anxious to attend, but attend we must, my youngest daughter and me.

A few weeks prior we were in the car and I was driving. “Mom, why is he doing this to me? Why is he marrying her?”

I knew the reason, but had not told her, so now I quietly said, “Maybe he feels he has to,” as I emphasized each word.

It dawned on her what the reason was, and she exclaimed, “Oh no,” and began to weep.

It was a few weeks later, and I sat with my daughter while her boy friend married another.

We left early because she was sobbing so loudly.

At home we cried together, as we sat at the kitchen table eating cookies and drinking milk. It was almost fun as we took turns telling each other what a jerk he was and how lucky she was not to have him. Soon we both felt better.

Tears and years passed and God helped her find a stable Christian man with an excellent work ethic who loved and cared for her and I might add respected her.

So the moral of this story is: disappointments come to all, but never give up hope! The mate, or job, or house, or what ever else it is that you believe you need, is not far out of reach.

God is faithful, and if you will allow Him to direct your path you will discover that the answer will soon be on its way.

Perhaps - - the answer is already on its way!

2 comments:

~Brenda said...

I agree. There is always hope!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,

God is faithful, only believe, his word does not return void, praise God!