Friday, May 6, 2011

Mothers Were Created by God


Soon I will be sending a wee one to another world,
Who will watch over and care for this tiny life?
Who will teach this one to learn and to love?
To instruct in kindness not in hate and strife!

Who will feed and clothe this child?
Who will kiss away the tears when they fall?
Where will I find such a one, a paradigm?
Who will be there when they weep and call?

Looking high and low no one could be found,
Where is one I can trust – is there no other?
The answer is simple and plain to see,
I will give this child a loving mother!

Then there are other lives, so tiny and some not,
I will search until a home I find - - -
Where shall I place these forgotten babes?
There must be a mother’s heart longing to be kind!

I sought and found some who were barren,
Yet they desired a child to love and hold,
Yes, I will consign this adopted one
In the safe arms of this “mother” to enfold!

Where else may I place a child who needs an abode?
Not all children born into families do fare,
Because of the many realities of life,
Existence is complicated and difficult to bear!

The saying “Life happens,” is true and often - -
Reasons beyond belief send many to despair,
I have found an answer for this child,
In a “good” Foster Home, they will find solace there.

What I seek is a Mother’s heart,
For those who are not a mother in kind, can be,
For according to My word,
The need is great for “Mothers in Israel” you see!

Reach out and love a child with kindness and encouragement!

by Hazel Moon 05/07/2011





3 comments:

Jen said...

What an awesome poem!! LOVE IT! Thank you so much for your sweet words today on my blog!! They blessed me immensely!!

Anonymous said...

Nice (((Mom))) Great poem!
Love, Steve

Laura said...

This is so lovely, Hazel! A mother-heart is a very special place, isn't it? We need more mothering hands. Love the spirit of this poem!