Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kombucha Tea and Healing


Praise the Lord for Home Remedies and of course wise Doctors who treat with wisdom.  

I take a step and give thanks to God that I can walk.

It seems like only a few months ago I was on crutches with swollen legs and a diagnosed blood clot.  I listened to my Doctor and took a six months Warfarin treatment and the pain slowly went away, but not the swelling.

After our Doctor took me off medicine, I waited hopfully for the drugs to leave my system.

Then I resorted to a home remedy (Kombucha tea) and it worked.  It took 3 weeks, taking a small glass 3 times a day, but the swelling left in my ankles, and although my knees creak (old age probably) I can walk.

For how to brew Kombucha, please revisit my previous post on Kombucha!

I continue to daily drink the tea that I brew myself, and thank God for old fashioned home remedies that God has shown others and they pass it on through families.

My brother-in-law takes daily a spoon full of apple cider vinegar and honey for his joints and that works for him.

When it comes to pain, you probably know to say with your mouth: "This too shall pass." Positive words spoken are powerful.  (Also negative words have their reversal effect.)

Pain is not in your head, but yet in a sense it is. Your brain sends signals to your body telling you that you hurt. If with your mind, you dwell on the pain and the sickness - - it will intensify.

I do not adhere to cults who chant and say their mantras, but I do accept as truth, the Word of God that tells us that Life and Death is in the power of the tongue.

Along with our treatments, whether they are prescribed by our Doctor, or if they are home remedies, we need to mutter with our mouth and say to ourselves scriptures that encourage us to believe that God is working in our behalf.

Never rule out a miracle even if your Doctor has given you a bad report.

I Peter 2:24 who His own self bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness; by whose stripes ye were healed.

Jesus went about preaching and teaching the gospel and healing all who were sick and oppressed.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and for ever.

We often sang a song at our church! Here are the words to the song:  Let it encourage your heart.

He can do it again

You may feel down
and feel like God has somehow forgotten
That you are faced with circumstances
that you can't get through

Right now it seems that there's no way out
In the natural you could just go under
But God has proven time and time again
He'll take care of you

Chorus
He'll do it again (God will do it again)
He'll do it again (Yes He will do it again)
Just take a look at where you are now
And where you been
He has always come through for you
He's the same God now as then
(Don't you know God has not changed)
You may not know how
You may not know when
But he'll do it again

God knows the things that you're going through
And how you are hurting
He understands just how your heart has been
broken in two
He's the God of the sun, the stars, the sea
He is your father
He'll calm the storm
He'll find a way
And he'll fix it for you

Chorus
He'll do it again
He'll do it again
You just take a look where you are now
And where you've been
You'll see hasn't He always come through
For you
He's the same God now as then,
You may not know how,
You may not know when
But He'll do it again

This post has been entered in Ann Kroeker’s, Food on Fridays at http://annkroeker.com/
Do amble over to her site and gather up some delicious and nutritious recipes, hints and suggestions.

4 comments:

floyd said...

Good for you! God made us and the things of the earth for us. I'm amazed how the body responds to the things of this world that He designed for us to use to take care of ourselves.

I drink apple cider vinegar with honey every morning too! Been doing it for years. I blame it for turning my hair grey...

Glad to hear that you're up and around! God is good!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and inspirational. You are clearly walking with Him!

Anna @ path of treasure said...

I enjoyed this story and how the tea helped you. I've heard of Kombucha tea and apple cider vinegar as home remedies. How wonderful you are walking again! Praise to God.

Cherie Hill said...

Thank you for stopping by Journal of Faith! I LOVE Tea AND Home remedies, but have never heard of this tea . . . I'm going to have to check it out!
Blessings to you!
Cherie