Friday, October 19, 2012

Costco Chocolate Mocha


courtesy free clip art
 

Eye glasses are something we think nothing about it when we decide we need a pair to read better or in some cases DMV requires that we now wear them while driving.

courtesy free clip art
Deciding to invest in hearing aids is something else.  We put that off until our family and friends are tired of US saying “What?” - - or - - “Will you repeat that please?”

Searching through the internet, it seemed that Cost Co offered some hearing aids for a reasonable price and supposedly the latest in technology, so I made an appointment.

The licensed technician was very nice as first she gave me a hearing test.  Then she explained how she would make several appointments to make sure all was balanced as it should be.  I tried one of those wireless behind the ear, but with my glasses on, it hurt my ears, so I returned those.  Costco guarantees that they will work with you to have the equipment you are comfortable and satisfied with.  Next she took an ear mold for the shape of an in the ear piece. 

On my second appointment I took the technician a gift copy of my book “Rescue the Stories, Book One.”   She seemed pleased and said she loved the photo of me on the cover.

When I arrived home she telephoned to say on her lunch hour she was already reading the stories to her co-worker and they were both enjoying the book.

Today I went back for more hearing adjustments for the sound. 

This time the technician told me she was reading a story from my book to many of her clients and different ones were saying that they could relate to the stories.  One lady said, “Oh yes, we did that as kids too.”  Another said, I would love to have a copy of that book and my technician told the woman to Google at “a Joyful Noise,” on the internet.  I gave her some of my business cards with my e-mail and my internet address on the card.

I thanked her for her help and that I was happy she is enjoying my book.

As we were leaving, I asked my husband if we could get one of Costco’s cold coffee, chocolate latte drinks.  Starbucks Carmel Frappuccinos® are the best, but this cold drink from Costco is a close second and the price is right.

On the way home, I commented to Robert, that my hearing aids were much better balanced and the road noise was absent.

The cold drink was satisfying and we both enjoyed the 30 mile trip home. 
 
I was also praying that the “Life Lessons” in my book would also strike home to waiting hearts.

This post is linked with Ann Kroeker’s  Food on Fridays   

Also Linked with Laura’s Faith Filled Friday


 

4 comments:

Laura Hodges Poole said...

Sounds like your book is really touching people. Thanks for sharing your story. (Visiting from Faith Filled Friday linkup.)

Wise Hearted said...

What a pure confirmation from the Lord on your book Hazel. I hope you are working on the second one. Blessings

Floyd said...

I so appreciate how your life is an open invitation to Christ and into your lives. You are such a wonderful breath of fresh air! Thanks for being you... It helps all of us remember who we are in Him...

joy said...

So happy for the lives thay been touched by uour book. A blessing. From Faith filled friday"". My entry: darkness: willyouhearfromme.blogspot.com