Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Kindergarten for Becky





Kindergarten
courtesy photobucket.com

Hand in hand, Judie, Becky and I approached the Kindergarten class where Becky our almost five year old would be a new student.

Greeting the teacher, I mentioned that Becky might need to attend speech class because her verbal communication was difficult to understand. 

The teacher invited me into the room to view the different collages on the walls with their hodgepodge pictures depicting the various sounds of the alphabet. 

“Not to worry,” said the teacher.  “By the end of this term your daughter will be speaking like a pro.”

Relieved as I was - - to believe her was difficult, but my “wait and see attitude” was quite full of hope.

It was time for class to begin and Becky found herself a seat at one of the tables. 

As we prepared to leave and the classroom door closed, our almost three year old Judie began to weep and wail.  “I want my Becky,” she repeated continually.

I hadn’t realized that Judie thought Becky should return home with us at this moment.

Explaining that Becky was only there for a little while and we would come back soon to bring her home, seemed to satisfy our Judie and she was content to wait.

How often in life we misunderstand the happenings of the day and the events that are sprung upon us often as a surprise.

In life learning to trust God is not always that easy, but we must realize that He can still bring something good out of the muddle and confusion that seems to perplex us on occasion.

The answer will come and it will be on time.  The waiting is the thing that most of us find difficult to bear.

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. -Psalm 27:14

This post has been shared with Tracy at Winsome Wednesday

This post is also shared With Ramona at: Friendship Friday




 

2 comments:

Floyd said...

Great story and reminder that we're not in control and waiting is what we called to. Not the easiest thing for those of us that are impatient. Our Father has a way of bringing us all around. I remember crying, or if I don't it's caught on camera, the first day my sister went to kindergarten. I was the last one left at home and I wanted to catch up with my other siblings. That trait has chased me across my life. Thanks for reminding me. I think!

caryjo said...

Yes. Waiting on Him is all I can do. In our present-day world, in some ways I'm struggling or stumbling. But, spiritual reality indicates He's all we have, forever and ever. Good way to share.