Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mind Your Own Bees Wax


 

Romans 14:13  Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

My seat in church was in the second row, because I could hear the sermon better if I was up close. 

My friend enjoyed sitting with another lady in the back, because from there she could view everyone else and see what was going on.

She spied a young couple who sat mid section with their teen age foster son.  The woman leaned over and placed a kiss on the lad’s mouth, right there in church. 

My friend could not believe her eyes, as she gasped and held her breath.

She could not allow this to happen without interference, so she followed the husband into the kitchen and asked him to do something about his wife. 

The husband replied he was helpless to do anything and she needed to mind her own business.

Well my friend was not stopped by this lack of appreciation so her next move was to speak to the Pastor’s wife, who informed her to let Pastor handle it and that they would take care of the problem.

After a couple of weeks, my friend was not satisfied that anything had been done to her approval so she decided to take matters into her own hands.

The next Sunday I noted that the young couple and foster son were not in church and my friend smugly informed me what had been going on and what she had done to correct it.

Yes,” she said, “I wrote her a letter and preached her a good sermon on how a Christian ought to behave.”

In shock and terribly embarrassed, I told her, “I can’t believe that you would do such a thing to send her a letter.  It really wasn’t up to you!”

She replied, “Well, no one else was doing anything, so I had to do something.”

Naturally the young couple quit attending our church and although that did not alleviate the situation, my friend seemed to be pleased that they were gone.

Don’t you wish you had such a good friend as mine to fix all the problems in a church?

 Luke 6:37  Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be
honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and
bookmark your site to come back in the future. All the best

Feel free to visit my site; gamestop hours vista

Floyd said...

Ouch! I don't blame you for the sarcasm. That's the problem in churches; others feeling compelled to be the voice of God without stopping to consider the heart of our Father.

Following rules should be the manifestation of the heart, the legalists tend to get that backward...

Brandee Shafer said...

Have mercy. If that's the worst thing that poor foster mama ever does...