Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Spiritual Warfare using our Body, Soul and Spirit


JESUS - - I WILL DANCE FOR YOU
 
Wednesday is the day we meet early as a group to pray over our city.  Pastor Allan allows me to bring a message each week before we pray. 

As we opened our meeting, I asked that they have an open mind and a teachable spirit.  When you enter into new Spiritual territory, it is easy to criticize and find fault.  The main thing is not to quench the Holy Spirit or to grieve Him. 
 ~ ~ ~

I began by giving my testimony of last Saturday evening as I sat in my kitchen reading a book about Dancing into the Anointing. 

The Lord spoke to me and asked if I would be willing to dance for Him?  I said, yes, Lord, but you know I am not a dancer.  He had me stand in my kitchen, and He gave me instruction and asked me to do some moves for Him.   

He then told me where to sit on Sunday morning in church, and to take it slowly but to use hand motions forcefully criss-crossing my arms back and forth when the song was sung, ‘Break every chain.’   I told God, “They haven’t sung that song for quite a while, but okay, I will do it if they sing it tomorrow.” 

God asked me to worship and pull down strongholds with my hands, and to toss the wind and rain of the Holy Spirit into the air with motions as the songs suggested.  I knew that He was testing my obedience. 

This is new territory to me, and certainly fishing on the other side of the boat.  In the past I have been opposed to orchestrated, (learned- programmed) dance in the church, and I am not sure all of it is right because a "group" of dancers might not ALL be in the spirit.  (Caution). The motions, the rocking, the swaying, must be decent and certainly in the Spirit.  The question is:  Did the Presence of God come down?   The answer is: Yes !! 

Psalms 150:4  Praise him with the tambourine and DANCE: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. 

Ecclesiastes 3:4 A time to weep, to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to DANCE; 

2 Samuel 6:16 As the ark of the Lord came into the city of David, Michal the daughter of Saul looked out of the window and saw King David leaping and dancing before the Lord, and she despised him in her heart. 

I am reminded of Elijah and the prophets of Baal as they jumped and danced. (Understand that satan imitates the dance of the Lord.) 

1 Kings 18: Then the prophets of Baal took the ox which was given them and they prepared it and called on the name of Baal from morning until noon saying, "O Baal, answer us." But there was no voice and no one answered.  And they leaped about the altar which they made. 

Running can be a form of dance.  I have seen men of God take off running around the church.  Others have jumped repeatedly. 

(Psalm 18: 29,33-34,37,50) For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. … He makes my feet like hinds’ feet, and sets me upon my high places. He teaches my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. … I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed.

Ephesians 4:29-31  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And GRIEVE NOT the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 

1 Thessalonians 5: 16-23 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  DO NOT QUENCH THE SPIRIT.  Despise not prophecies but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil.  May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you completely.  May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Christ Jesus.

The following Excerpts are taken from:  Aimee Kovacs, book. Dancing into the Anointing: Touching the Heart of God Through Dance 
The Warfare Dance 
It is good to remember that when a church is first started, one has to dethrone the prince of the power of the air that has been on assignment to that location. The struggles a new church will have in getting started will depend on how deeply entrenched the powers of darkness are in a location. 
 
The more intercession, praise and worship, warfare, and binding and loosing that goes on, the quicker the church will experience victory. 
 
One can really feel the liberty in the service as the forces of darkness are destroyed. It takes less praise to enter into worship once the land has been possessed.
 
With the same principle, the warfare dance can be used at home to win territory for your loved ones, community, business, school system, and government in your community, or to intercede for the nation. 
 
Most of the time, the movements used in a warfare dance are sharp and angular. Examples would be kicks, jumps, punches, lunging, falling, stabbing, pushing, leaping, turning, clapping, stomping, marching, and pulling.  
 
As you seek the Lord in choreographing a dance, He will give you the steps. When it is a spontaneous dance, the Holy Spirit will dance through you and will create the steps as you go along. 
 
Warfare dance can be used to bring deliverance, healing, financial breakthrough, ministry breakthrough, and anything else that is needed.  
 
(Aimee gives her personal testimony) 
 
I use this dance a lot to get breakthroughs for my family. I dance in my kitchen. (That is my altar of prayer where I meet God.) I start out by faith.  When the anointing falls, the Holy Spirit gives me songs and words to sing as He brings to my mind.
  
I address the powers, principalities, and rulers of darkness as the Holy Spirit gives me their names. I bind them and command them to cease their operation. I command them to leave the person, business, or ministry that I am warring for.  
 
As I am verbally singing or speaking, the Holy Spirit gives me corresponding hand and feet movements. When the war has been won in the heavenlies I know it by the joy that comes or by the liberty that comes. 

These have been Excerpts from:  Aimee Kovacs, book. Dancing into the Anointing: Touching the Heart of God Through Dance



 

4 comments:

Helen said...

I forgot to tell you this morning that the desire to dance before the Lord comes over me almost every time we are in that time of praise. My body can't do the things my heart desires to do but even though it doesn't look like I'm dancing on the outside, inside there is a glorious dance of praise to Him. Thanks for sharing that with us this morning. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Hazel, such a lovely post. As I read it I imagined it in my head and it was beautiful.
God bless
Tracy

Kelly said...

I literally have had that song in my head constantly since Sunday. Break every chain. Kelly

caryjo said...

He's told me many times of where and when to do things. I can hardly wait to be in Heaven and I sure want to dance, or worship, or shift some of them around to something else. I count on Him MUCH!!! Thank you for sharing this!