Saturday, December 3, 2016

Who Are You Hanging Out With?


 
Who Are You Hanging Out With?
 
Have you ever thought about the fact that you might become like the people you hang out with?  This can be either a good thing - - or a not so good thing.  - -  Think about it?   

The disciples had been with Jesus for 3 years, witnessing his teachings and the miracles He performed.  They even viewed the Shekinah glory with Jesus on the mountain. 

Acts 4:13  Now when the religious leaders saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ordinary men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been (HANGING OUT) with Jesus. 

Paul said: Romans 1:11)  For I long to see you so that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established; (Paul was able to lay hands and do impartation.) 

May I be so bold as to say; those you associate with, something will rub off on you?

Think about it?   Who are you hanging with? 

At other times some people got into bad trouble because they were associated with the wrong crowd.  Some were even innocent bystanders, but they were counted with the wrong doers by association.  Some men watched Paul cast out evil spirits, and they decided to do the same thing.  However their hearts were not right with God so when they attempted to cast out an evil spirit, the demon spoke and said, “I know Jesus and I know Paul, but I do NOT know you,” and the demon proceeded to beat them up including those who were just hanging out. 

A few years ago, I visited a trusted ministry; Bethel in Redding California to sit with a counselor who prays and asks the Holy Spirit to minister during the session.  I was concerned because the church I was attending was tolerant of certain ungodly lifestyles.  God told me, "I am removing you from this church."  The Bethel Redding councilor and I talked and then she prayed that God would direct me to a place where I could set down my old Pentecostal roots.  The short story is God directed me to Open Door church, where I am happy to hang out with Holy Spirit filled believers. 

It is important where you hang out, because the spirit of the place you use as a covering will be united to your spirit.  If you have connected with an alliance that is contrary to God’s will, there will be nothing but trouble.  You will not enjoy the success you once had, and losses will occur.  People will begin to shun you and disassociate themselves from you. 

A friend proudly showed me a certificate of ordination he printed off the internet. Immediately I knew this Universal Church organization was one that would grand papers to Atheists, homosexuals, devil worshipers and ignorant Christians.  Anyone accepting their papers was joining themselves to an unholy alliance with trouble ahead.

Some ministries look good.  They offer a free meal when you attend their free conference, but when you decide to align yourself with them, that is when your problems begin.  If you have made any such agreement to accept a covering from someone or some organization that God did not send you to, it might be time to cut the strings. 

Where are you hanging out?  Come to the place where you can hang out with Jesus and with others who love and serve Him.
 
 
 

1 comment:

caryjo said...

I always like to see of the disciples in the Bible and I want to see and meet most of them when I'm in Heaven. It's always a worshiping and smiling and glorifying situation, way back then and way back now. Thank you....