Thursday, February 5, 2015

While I am Waiting - by Guest Laura Hodges Poole

 
 
Waiting On God
Lamentations 3: 22-26
Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. 

The book of Lamentations in the Bible often is depressing.  However, when I’m in a holding pattern, I find its verses are comforting.

God wants us to learn how to wait. More importantly, He wants us to wait 'with Him.' We spend a lot of time in transition, in trials, and in the valleys.

While we're waiting on God, He is waiting 'with us.'

Christian growth comes during periods of waiting, not in fulfillment. God’s timetable and solutions are perfect.

Are you waiting for God to answer a prayer?

My prayer is that you’ll experience and rely on God’s grace while you wait.

A portion is from the book "While I'm Waiting: Going from despair to hope while praising God and choosing contentment during trials" by Laura Hodges Poole


Laura's book is available as an e-book for 99 cents on Amazon.com Click on the title While I am Waiting  - - to find out more.



 

No comments: