Friday, January 13, 2017

Selecting A Small Area and Saturate It.


The Small area highlighted with a yellow marker
is the target area we plan to soon walk door to door.
The Green Dot is Open Door Church

 


Each Wednesday we meet at our church to pray over our city and over the Nation.

A week ago, Pastor asked all who could walk, to march around a chosen block of streets leaving from our church and returning again.  Associate Pastor Rodney, and Rev John, let the way as about 15 of us prayed as we walked.  John blew the Jewish Shofar rams horn, at the 4 corners of the blocked area.  This is the area we intend to be our first attempt at knocking on doors. 

Fast forward to last Wednesday.  Some of those in attendance were new, and Pastor asked that we not walk today, until we have at lease one experienced person with those who are new.  The young men, who were from Jordan’s Crossings, will need their Pastor to help us decide who is prepared to go door to door. 

I had brought some sets of 10 pages for “How to evangelize Door to Door,” so these were passed out and I asked them to study this to help them be prepared.

I had copied a hand out about using the Lord’s Prayer as a Pattern and add your own words as you pray.  I will end this post with a copy of using the Lords Prayer. 

After going over how to pray using scriptures by adding your own words; I showed everyone a cut out of the first area we will walk very soon. (see above map portion) 
 
I asked them to be observant of street signs and to pray for people who live on that street.  Calling the names of the streets on our designated area, I prayed aloud, for homes to be reconciled, hearts to become tender and receptive, and for God to stir our city to desire to receive Jesus.

We dismissed with that prayer, and everyone was receptive today.
~ ~ ~
 
Praying the Lord’s Prayer as a Pattern: 
(This is an excerpt from Don Nori’s book Hope for the Praying Nation: Petitioning Heaven for Change in Your Country) 

In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father, I praise You, God, that you are my loving Father. You are more than my Creator— You are Dad. You are the One and only Protector of my soul. I love You, Father.  

I worship You in heaven, Isaiah 55: 9 says the heavens are above the earth, and so are God’s ways higher than ours. Lord, I seek guidance from Heaven’s perspective. Jesus set the example by doing only what He saw His Father doing. I, too, know not what to do without Your loving Presence leading me. I cannot do this myself. I need the help that only comes from Heaven. 

Hallowed be Your name. You have revealed Yourself to us through Your name. I call upon You by the names through which You have revealed Yourself to humankind, Your children. Lord, You are everything I need and want. By Your name, all the demons on earth and in hell tremble. By Your name, nature comes under Your Lordship and people are healed. But most wonderfully, by Your name, average people like me can come to know You as Savior and Lord. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus’ name, for forgiving me and loving me.  

Your Kingdom come. Your will be done…. This is not a passive prayer! To pray this prayer means to stomp my foot and mean business. Every person has a will to surrender— for God to have His will, I must surrender my will. To yield my will is to humble myself. I can be humiliated by others, but only I can humble myself.
 (See James 4: 10).  

Give us this day our daily bread… Jesus, You said Your source of food was to do the will of Your Father (see John 4: 34). What satisfies me is to know that I satisfy Your purpose. You are my necessary Bread (see John 6: 35). You are the Bread of Heaven, and You also want me to look to You for my daily natural provision.  

Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors…. It is necessary to forgive if I expect to be heard when I pray, so Lord, I choose to forgive. (See Matthew 18: 21-35.) 

Do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. Jesus, You were driven into the wilderness of temptation. It was there that the enemy attempted to cause You to forget who You are, saying, “If You are the Son of God…” (Luke 4: 3).

If the enemy can get me to forget who I am, he can get me to do whatever he wants me to do. Who am I? I will declare who I am in Christ. (See Galatians 3: 26; Romans 8: 37; Revelation 1: 6.) Ephesians 4: 27 says not to “give place” to the devil. This means do not give the enemy a legal right to be in your life. Areas where the enemy can enter are fear, hate, witchcraft, and sexual immorality.  

For Yours is the Kingdom and the power and the glory…. Psalm 108: 5 says that Your glory is over all the earth. The glory of God is over my family, my friends, my loved ones, those with whom I worship. I pray that You will spread Your wings over them and protect them.

 

1 comment:

caryjo said...

Again, thank you for sharing the Word of God. Bless you!!