Monday, February 6, 2012

Shoes that sparkle


Beautiful Feet Bringing Good News !!

You have seen them, those tennis shoes that light up with each step as you walk.

image courtesy photobucket.com
When my granddaughter was a tiny little thing my daughter purchased for her some red glittering Mary Jane Sunday shoes. (I believe they were a take on Judy Garland’s red shoes in the Wizard of Oz.)

image courtesy photobucket.com



Later she was also given a pair of those sparkling tennis shoes that light up with each step you take. Oh what fun she had wearing those shoes, and if she wandered off it was easy to find her in a crowd. 

While I was growing up we didn’t have shoes like these, even my own children were deprived of luminous shoes. No one had thought to invent them at that time.

The Bible speaks of shoes and feet in many places.

Psalms 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

If you are sharing the Good news of Jesus with others, the Bible says you have beautiful feet.

image courtesy photobucket.com
Ephesians 6:15 tells us, “Have your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;”

Good sturdy Gospel of Peace shoes will keep us standing on our feet when problems come our way!

Psalms 18:36 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.

We are also urged to shine! Isaiah 60:1 "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.”

Shining is NOT something you turn off and on. When you have been in the presence of the Lord, for a length of time, you will shine with a light that He places within you.

I am reminded of Moses when he was with God for 40 days on the mountain. His face shone so brightly that the people could not look at him. He found it necessary to wear a veil over his face until the shine wore off.

Can’t you just imagine us all putting on our gleaming shoes of the Gospel of Peace and our faces shining and glistening for the Lord as He watches over us?

No, we will not get lost in the crowd, because God is watching over his sparkling children.

Each step I take, God is watching as he orders the steps of my walk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZpdeo6iMXk


This post has been linked with Joan Davis  Sharing His Beauty
And with Shanda’s On your Heart Tuesday  

6 comments:

floyd said...

For those of us who know our Father, I wonder if our steps don't actually light the other dimension? Just a thought... I think I need more sleep...

Gail @ http://biblelovenotes.com said...

Interesting collection of "feet" verses : )
One of my granddaughters wore those sparkly shoes until they almost had holes in the soles. I can identify with your illustrations. Thanks for sharing.

Rhonda Schrock said...

Yes! Love this. When we took family pictures this Christmas, my nieces wore delightful, sparkly, red slippers. How wonderful to know that my feet (even w/o those darling shoes) are lovely, too. Makes me want to share the good news!

Joan Davis (Jo) said...

I love those "light-up" shoes! When I see kids running, jumping and dancing around in them, I always smile. With each step the light goes on...it is the same when we share is word! Each step we take to deliver it shines a light in an otherwise dark world. What a joy!

Heather Marsten said...

LOL - maybe they should make them for adults :)
Rick Renner speaks of the shoes of peace - it isn't lay down and be a doormat shoes - the battle shoes in the full armor of God had spikes in them so that the enemy was skewered - and the wearer of the shoes had a firm foundation - spikes in the ground so the enemy couldn't force him backwards.
Have a blessed day.

Shanda said...

Beautiful! I'd like to have beautiful feet and a face that reflects God's glory.