Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Favor Some More

UnMerited Favor
courtesy free clipart
 
 Proverbs 3: 4 So shall you find favor and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
 
Funny thing happened today, after we picked up a few groceries, Robert stopped at the Subway Sandwich shop and asked me to go in and pick up a couple of sandwiches.
 
One gentleman was ahead of me, and when it was my turn two clerks both at once were helping to prepare my sandwiches.  All went quickly I paid, and turned to leave.

Amazing, the line was now out the door and when I had stepped into line there was virtually no one.

I remarked to Robert that I had found favor again with God - - to be served so quickly.

 
Now I do wish everything in life was like that, but to me this was a gift for today to me showing God’s favor to his child in a sweet way.
 
I was reminded of Jesus as a 12 year old boy at the temple.  His parents had not missed him for several days, and when they found him, he was expounding with the scholars who should have know more than this young child. 
 
I have always thought the remark that Jesus made to his "parents" was not very appropriate and not respectful, “Don’t you realize that I must be about my Father’s business?”
 
Mary and Joseph took his statement well, but Mary pondered all this in her heart.  And the Bible says, Jesus increased in wisdom, stature and in FAVOR with God and man.
 
As believers, we can expect Favor with God and man.  We can believe for good deals, and better treatment from man, but first we must place ourselves in the position of receiving.  Receiving from God direction, inspiration, and guidance in all our walk.
 
Where will we receive this assistance?  Why at the temple of course!  Perhaps it is not the church building, but at the place where we sit at Jesus feet, and learn from him.
 
May you be Favored this day like never before!
  
Romans 12:3  Amplified Bible (AMP)

 For by the grace (unmerited favor of God) given to me I warn everyone among you not to estimate and think of himself more highly than he ought [not to have an exaggerated opinion of his own importance], but to rate his ability with sober judgment, each according to the degree of faith apportioned by God to him

 

2 comments:

Floyd said...

It's amazing to see the grace of our Father daily and in all things when we're looking with the eyes and heart that He gave us! Blessings to you, Hazel!

Joy said...

I had seen and experienced God's favor, but the best place is in His presence:)