Monday, August 29, 2016

Deliverance is the Children’s Bread


Jesus can and will Break Every Chain
 
I subscribe to Elijah List, an On-Line Christian Newsletter.  Different ministers write articles usually about spiritual gifts, prophesy, dreams and visions,.  Unusual, but scriptural was a recent article on Deliverance by Kyle T, Miller with a sample prayer:

Jesus commanded His disciples: 
And as you go, preach, saying, "The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand." Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. Matthew 10:7-8

I read the article with interest and copied the suggested prayer for anyone who is being driven and sincerely desires to be free. 

This is what happened the next day, Sunday at church:

I took a few copies of the prayer with me along with the Short Bible lesson I pass out each week to those who come early for coffee.  I spied a young Asian man and I offered him the lesson on respecting our anointed ministers.  
 
I asked him if he knew Jesus.  He replied, “As a Hmong, I am a traditionalist.”  I believe in families.  I said families are good, and let me pray for you.  I prayed that Jesus would reveal himself to this young man and show him truth and how to live a better life.  I gave him one of the deliverance prayers and left for the down stairs Bible Study room. 

I did not realize the man was following me.

He was welcomed into the class room, and he said something was burning in his soul.  He did not know how to explain it.  Teacher, Linda suggested that he sit across from Donald and for Donald to pray for him.  Donald took his hands and prayed a wonderful prayer.  The man rose to leave and I quickly took one of the Bibles from the case and asked him if he had a Bible.  He hesitated, so I said, “Here is one for you, it is free.”  He put the Bible in his back pack and left.


After class, a tall man with the shaved head stayed to speak to Sister Helen.  He was struggling.  I sat across from them as Helen explained that often there are generational spirits that drive a person to do certain things.  They spoke for quite a while and I could tell he was in pain.  When it appeared their conversation was ending, I spoke up. 
 
“Do you really want to be set free?”  He said that he did.  I handed him the deliverance prayer and asked him to repeat it after me.  I asked him to insert the name of his problem in the blank space.  He began but when he got to the place to name the problem he began to choke and sputter.  I encouraged him to go ahead and speak out the name, because it is just us here.

He managed to get through the prayer, and was weeping.  I handed him a Kleenex which was gratefully received, and we departed for the morning worship.  The man sat on the front row and during the service Pastor Allan was led to lay hands on his head and pray over him.  At the end of the service Pastor asked all who needed a touch from God to come to the front.  The altar was soon filled. 

You may be one who is struggling with something that seems to control you.  It is not you, but is outside of you pushing you to do things you really don’t want to do. 

I am adding the Deliverance prayer here for you to pray and name what ever it is that is driving you at times.  Know that Jesus can and will break every chain.
~ ~ ~
 
A Prayer for Deliverance

If you would like God to set you free, please repeat this after me:
Dear Lord, I thank You that Your Son Jesus was made a curse so that I could be redeemed from the curse. Lord You know the issue that I have problems with. I repent for yielding to _____ (name the spirit(s) that have been enslaving you.)


I also stand in the gap for my generations on both my mother's and father's side, repenting for their yielding to _____ [name the spirit(s)]. I command these spirits and all spirits associated with them to leave now! In Jesus' name!

 
"In the name of Jesus Christ, I command the spirit of  ___________  to leave me now, in Jesus' name!"

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow… That is so awesome to be able to be used by our Father on His behalf. It's a gift just to be able to see His power work in those that he loves. So appreciate your heart, Hazel.