Saturday, September 3, 2016

Being a Gap Person Over Our City


 
Filling in the Gaps for a Safe Crossing for Others


Being a Gap Person 
 
As I began the teaching for our meeting to pray over our city, I shared that a gap is a wide space – sometimes a crack or a hole; and as intercessors we are called to fill in those voids, so our unsaved citizens can come on over and reach salvation. We take the place of the sinner and repent for their sins and ask God to send the Holy Spirit to soften hard hearts and to convict them of their need for Jesus.
Illustration:
Before class I had folded two newspapers into two long strips and scotch taped them around the altar at the front of the church.  I requested Mary and Rodney to volunteer and taped on their back a green sheet of paper that said, “Pastor” for Rodney, and “The Church” for Mary.  I asked them to stand by me as I proceeded to step up and stand on the altar. 
(Not having tested the altar previously I realized the altar is not a heavy piece of furniture, but actually not very sturdy, and it began to tip.)  Pastor Rodney quickly reached out to hold it down, and Pastor Allan also came to assist him. - -
I asked my audience to imagine with me that the altar is a bridge to heaven, but along the way there are GAPS (the newspapers) in the road of life and we are able to pass through because of the prayers of the Church (Mary).  There is always a problem, and here we reach another GAP in our life.  The Pastor (Rodney) is there to pray with us and to council.  Today we are here to pray over our city and fill these Gaps for our citizens.
God was making a statement to the Prophet Ezekiel - -
Ezekiel 22:30  I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the GAP on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none.”
In all the Land of Babylon, Daniel was a man in whom God found No fault.  Daniel of himself had NO sin, but when he prayed he took on himself the sins of the people.
Daniel 9:3-6 And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:   And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made MY confession, and said, O Lord, We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments: WE hearkened NOT unto thy servants the prophets, which spoke in thy name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.
Daniel took the place of the people and prayed to God asking forgiveness for sins that he personally was not guilty of.  Daniel was a GAP person, “A go between.”  He was a bridge, because of his prayers, he made a way possible for God to bring deliverance.
This is how we can pray today and be a GAP person.
Moses also was a GAP person.  God was so angry with the Children of Israel, because of their rebellion, that He wanted destroy them all.  Moses pleaded with God not to do this, Moses prayed, put their sin on “My head.”  Because of Moses standing in the GAP - - God changed His plans.
Jesus is another example of a GAP person as the sins of the world were placed on His body on the tree.  Jesus took the sins of our city, of our family, our personal sins and carried them away to a far off place.
1. Today as we pray over our city, let us name sins of our citizens and ask forgiveness for us and them.
2. Then ask God to send the Holy Spirit to hover over the darkness and bring His Truth and light.
3. Begin to thank God for His mercy to touch hard hearts and soften those who are in rebellion that they will repent and turn from their wicked ways.

 

2 comments:

Lux G. said...

Praying for my country too for the bombing to stop.
These are wonderful things to remember, Hazel. Thank you.

caryjo said...

I'm an Ezekiel, Daniel, Jeremiah, Isaiah, and lots of others connected to the prophetic situations. Especially way back then, it was a bit dangerous to spread around. Anyhow, even though I can't read as well, I can focus on the Lord as well. Bless you, and thank you! Sorry that I couldn't read as well, but saw a bit that grabbed me. Bless you!!!