Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Take Your Hands Off My Car



 

Our Associate Pastor Tom, knew we were leaving soon for our move to Oklahoma, and we would probably be selling our almost new Oldsmobile Station wagon.  
 
Tom drove an old rattle trap of a car, but he was happy it still ran.

One day he playfully placed his hands on the hood of our car and said, “I claim this car for my youth ministry." 
 
We joked back at him and said, “Please take your hands off our car.”

That evening my husband and I had a talk and later spoke with Tom.  We told him if he was serious, we would offer him the car for about half of what it was worth Blue Book. 

Tom was elated and took the information to his bank and they told him they would be happy to finance the entire amount as the car was worth that and more.  In fact they added some to the loan so he was able to pay a large amount on his student loan.

This worked out good for us too, as we were happy about giving him a good deal for the Lords work. 

In life if there is something you need (or desire) from God, it is good to place a name on it.  Tell God all about it and if it is a serious need, request others to pray along with you.

Don’t just think in your mind, but verbally say with your mouth what you require. 

We planned to use the payment Tom gave us toward a Ford Van so we could pack it full when we moved to Oklahoma to attend Rhema Bible College.


We needed a Ford Van with only front seats. 
 
My husband spoke in Faith to me and said, “Hazel we will pay cash for the Van, you just wait and see.” 
 
I did not know where the money was going to come from. 

Selling our car brought a good part of it and then - - unexpectedly we received a large refund check from our Work-man’s Compensation Insurance company because we had no accidents.  We were almost there, when another surprise refund check from a previous year arrived that covered the rest of the van. 

We must have been a sight when we finally left for Oklahoma with our Pick Up Truck full, our Ford van full, and our two daughters driving their own cars full.  We had with us; two dogs a cat a bird and angels watching over us. 

The next year 76/77 was an exciting time, and God performed many miracles along the way.  

God desires to bless you and prosper you so that you can bless others.  Ask in faith believing and be brave to speak out and say what you are needing God to do for you.
 
 

5 comments:

Gentle Joy said...

This is a great testimony of the working of God... Thank you for sharing it. :)

Sharon said...

Oh Hazel, I really enjoyed this story! Sometimes I forget to *pray big* for I have already decided that it isn't a prayer that's going to be answered. Well, who am I to decide what God is or isn't going to do?! HE is in the business of surprises - I just have to be bold!!

GOD BLESS!

caryjo said...

Two of my friends from Omaha... who rented their house to me in '76-'77...and they were in the same school you were. AND when I took my kids down to see them during a summer event, and, among other people Pat Boone even showed and waved to all in the place. To know I was there in that area at the same time you were is a real heart grabber. You just made me grin again. And I SURE want to meet you and be with you sometime, even before heaven. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I bet you never expected to sell your car to Tom, at all, but I guess it all worked out well in the end. Selling that car for half the price it was worth for your Associate Pastor must've really elated him. Plus, you managed to buy the van you had your eyes on. Oh well, all's well that ends well, right? Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you! :)

Mario Newman @ Miles Ahead Donations

Wise Hearted said...

God loves to fulfill our needs and He loves for us to brag that He did it. Beautiful testimony Hazel...