Friday, February 15, 2013

Chili Rellenos


Courtesy Food.com
 
The day was cold, and my husband asked me to help him assemble one of our favorite easy recipes.   I mixed the eggs, flour and milk and he grated the cheese.

I decided to strain the egg mixture over the finished product to get out any flour lumps.

Here is our favorite recipe and quick to fix.

Chili Rellenos Easy and Simple

1, 7oz can chopped green chilles (Ortega)  We like the chopped variety)

1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese

1/2 cup grated Jack cheese

2 T flour

2 eggs

1 can evaporated milk

1, 8 oz can tomato sauce

Sprinkle 1/2 of the chilles in a 9x12 Pyrex baking dish.  Layer the cheddar cheese next.

Add the rest of the chilles.  Top layer is the Monterey Jack cheese.

Beat eggs, flour and milk in a bowl and pour over the top of the mix in the pan.

Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  Then pour over the top, the can of tomato sauce.

And bake 15 minutes more.  Let stand 10 minutes and serve. 

We cut any left over into serving size pieces and wrap and freeze.

Enjoy this recipe and amble over to Food on Fridays at http://annkroeker.com/ to view others who have entered their favorites.

1 comment:

Floyd said...

This brings back childhood memories for me. My mom's favorite dish was her chile rellenos... I can't remember the last time I had this dish... Good memories.