Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tropical Fish Habits - Repost


Tropical Fish
courtesy photobucket.com
 
When our Children were just starting grade school, we decided to purchase a tropical fish aquarium. It came with a pump and filter and some decorations so the environment for the fish would look natural.

Wanting a nice variety of fish we selected some Angel Fish, Zebra fish, some Black Molly fish and a Plecostomus. Ugly as he was, he would help clean the sides of our tank.

Our children would stare at these fish for hours it seemed, and just watching them was relaxing even for me.

As I watched these fish I noticed something interesting. Each variety of fish would swim together. Although they were friendly to one another, the Black Molly fish and the Angel fish, and the Zebra fish each kept to their own type. There was no interbreeding or mixing of the fish. They each seemed to be proud of their own kind.

In the Bible, God forbid his children of Israel to give their sons and daughters unto other nations. They were to keep their race pure. That was plan A.

Now don’t get me wrong, because God loves all races, and that was evident when He included Ruth the Moabite woman to be in the linage of Jesus along with some others of questionable reputation. In fact God became very angry at Miriam when she criticized Moses, her brother’s Ethiopian (black) wife.

God always has plan A which is his perfect will. Then there is plan B which is his acceptable will, and plan C which is his good will. God will even go with you all the way to Z if you are that rebellious.

I said all that to say this: Our youth leaders at our church, invited a young girl from a neighboring Black church to work with our youth. She was Caucasian, fun loving, very outgoing and the youth all liked her.

One day she confessed to our daughter that she was pregnant by one of the black brothers in her church and they were going to get married. My daughter came to me very upset, because this girl was an example to our children and they all looked up to her.

By the next Sunday the girl had resigned and returned to her Black church.
 
If you are wondering, yes I phoned our Pastor and told him the situation and he took charge after that.

Did my children need protecting? Probably not, because often our children know more about life than we did at their age.

However it is up to parents to attend the PTA meetings and to know what is going on at school, and also to be aware of what is being taught to your children at church.

I am not pregidous, but I am opinionated, and it is my strong opinion that a marriage will be off to a rocky start if it is a “mixed marriage.”

When I say mixed, in addition to race, I mean by a Christian and an unbeliever, by culture, church denomination, political affiliation and background in general. Marriage is difficult enough without a road block in it's beginning.

I know you are ready to point out some of your friends who are very happy and never quarrel over doctrine, or are never shunned by friends because of their choice in a mate.

Be happy for them and also pray for them, because they probably need your prayers.

Thinking back to my fish aquarium, I am reminded that my fish were friendly with everyone in their environment. They played nice and got along well with others.
 
It would be good if we all could do the same.

This post is linked to Peter Pollock’s One Word Carnival
The word is; HABITS

 

 

No comments: