Sunday, March 22, 2015

A Packet of Seeds


Sow Your Seeds and Expect a Harvest
 
Today at Church - Guest, Brother Prapai brought an inspiring message with reminders of who we are today because of Jesus.  I gleaned and bring you this digested sermon.

We hear of great men of God who slip and fall, yet we know God is the restorer.

Adam and Eve messed up big time, but in His mercy, God gave them a package of seeds to plant and harvest, as they were cast out of the garden.

Sometimes we fall short, and it is time to return to the cross.  God is developing us and changing us from day to day, one step at a time.

This is the season to overcome.  Each season with its changes has a different color.  It is time to change and be ready for the next season in our spiritual walk.

Peter was a coward, just like us, but he was the one who stepped out of the boat.  We reason and question, should I get out of the boat or should I wait just a minute.

God has not called us to worry, but we are called to trust.

Peter began to sink, but what he did is what we should do in time of trouble.  He called out “Help me Lord.”  Peter had faith, but it was supported by his head and not his heart.

God knows all about our shortcomings and all the stuff that is going on in our lives.

We can overcome by using God’s Word and our testimony.

The soldiers were coming to get Jesus, and Peter took out his sword and cut off the ear of one of the soldiers.  Jesus loved the soldiers and he picked up the ear and put it right back on - - healing the man.

Jesus loves us when we are up, he loves us when we are down, and even when we are a bit crazy.

We say, “I can’t do this.”  Hey aren’t you listening?  There is a break through coming.  Don’t worry about what you don’t have, but rejoice and be thankful for what you do have.

At Pentecost, Peter said, “I am going to tell you what I know.”  That is what we can do.  Tell others what God has done for us.

Are you looking ahead or do you want to get back in the boat?  Are you tired of doing life your way with results that are lacking?

With God the net will be full and not break.

At the recovery meetings the members say, “Hi my name is (blank) and I am an alcoholic or an addict. 
 
But we need to understand that I am NOT that old person any more.  I was a sinner, but now I am saved by grace.

At church we gather for prayers and we are around people.  Then it is time to leave and we feel alone.  Understand we are NOT alone.  Jesus is in us, and has promised to never leave or forsake us.

People are hungry and thirsty and we have the Bread and Water of Life to share.

Let us go forth with our testimony and believe God to bring the increase.  Sow your packet of seed that is in your hand and expect God to yield a harvest.
 
 

2 comments:

Ifeoma Samuel said...

hello Hazel, the seeds we sow today will guarantee that we reap good harvest tomorrow. I like this story.
Thank you for sharing.
God bless

caryjo said...

I was a significant sinner as a kid, way back in those years of the '50s and '60s. God broke into my life officially, April 15, 1966 when I was 20, and my life changed significantly. The sinfulness didn't stop immediately, but my life truly changed. Trusting the Lord is all I could do then and can do now. He truly is a blessing from her through eternity. Can hardly wait to see Him face-to-face. Thank you for sharing.