Thursday, March 26, 2015

Green Pastures and Green Dresses


 
He Makes Me Lie Down in Green Pastures. 

 
We are so busy we often do not take time to rest and relax.  Jesus tells us to come to Him - all those who are weary and heavy laden and He will give us rest. 

My blogger friend Sharita recently shared  The Green Dream and How to Tame it at Tell Me a Story. 

Her post brought back memories about colors and a Green Dress that was mine at one time.

Because of the tones in our completion that God gave us; certain shades of color look best on us.  (Or not)

Personally, I cannot wear certain colors such as; yellow, white, orange, red or lime green.  My favorite colors are shades of purple, magenta, pink, blue and sometimes grey.

A long time ago, I had a favorite GREEN dress, and wore it a LOT.

One day my husband asked me to get rid of the dress because he hates green; so I did as he asked.  For years I shunned green clothing to please him.

Recently I realized that certain shades of green were lovely, especially dark forest green, and so I began to add that color to my wardrobe.

Hubby no longer objects to dark green as long as I also wear other colors.
 
These days we hear a lot about “Living green,” and “Eating green,” and wonder what is all the fuss? 
 
It is good to pay attention to how we treat our earth, and what we eat, but we must use caution in getting caught up in causes that slow down our Spiritual growth.
 
Come aside and seek Jesus for Himself, allow Him to guide and lead you in paths of righteous and He will gently reveal to you His green pastures where He will give you rest.
 
 

2 comments:

Lux G. said...

He is our best rest in this tiring world. Enjoy His green pastures, Hazel. Have a wonderful weekend.

Pamela said...

I didn't wear purple for years for the same reason. My husband likes it now (I think it was the shade!) It's good to be reminded that we can get more caught up with causes and neglect time with God and what His will is for our life.