Saturday, March 28, 2015

WHO ARE YOU? By guest Andrew Murray



Do You Know Who You ARE?
 

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. Colossians 3: 2– 3

 Upon entering God’s presence in the morning hour, a great deal depends upon our realizing not only who God is but who we are and what our relationship is to Him.

The question: Who are you? is asked (not in words but in spirit) of each one who claims right of access and an audience with the Most High.
 
We must have an answer in our inmost consciousness; and that consciousness must be a living sense of the place we have in Christ before God.

The mode of expressing it may differ at various times, but in substance it will always be the same. Who am I?

Let me think about that and not be afraid to tell God who it is that shall meet with Him and spend the day.

I know, by the Word and Spirit of God, that I am in Christ and that my life is hidden with Christ in God. In Christ I died to sin and the world.

By His Spirit, I am taken out of them, separated from them, and delivered from their power. I have been raised together with Christ and in Him I live unto God.

Because my life is hidden with Christ, I come to God to claim and obtain the divine life that is hidden in Him for my needs this day. “Yes, this is who I am,” I say to God in humble, holy reverence.
 
Seek and expect nothing less than grace to live here on earth the blessed life of heaven. I can say with confidence, “Christ is my life.”

The longing of my soul is for Christ to be revealed by the Father within my heart. Nothing less can satisfy me. My life dwells with Christ in God. He can be my life in no other way than as He is in my heart. I can be content with nothing less than Christ in me —

Christ as my Savior from sin, Christ as the gift and bestower of God’s love, Christ as my indwelling Friend and Lord.

Murray, Andrew (2011-12-01). Power in Prayer: Classic Devotions to Inspire and Deepen Your Prayer Life (p. 84). Baker Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

1 comment:

Lux G. said...

Who are we? We are His people, His friends. :)
Happy Sunday, Hazel. :)