Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Believing for Little Things!!


Ask and Receive
courtesy photoobucket
John 16:24  Hitherto have you asked nothing in my name: ask, and you shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Our God is truly interested in our every day living and he is willing to do more than we even think or ask.

When my children were very small, and I needed to go to the bank, I would pray for a parking space right in front of the bank.  Without fail, by the time I was close; someone would pull out and offer me their spot.

Many would say that was a coincident, but no it occurred too many times to be just a happening.

The other day I was editing my Book Three of Rescue the Stories, and I wanted the page numbers to begin on page 3 which was after the Title Page and one other page. 
 
No matter which button I clicked on, it just was not working.  Finally I went to bed.  And as I relaxed, the Lord said to me, “Click on the small button on the left in the footer.”  I said, thank you Jesus, and “I will do that in the morning.”

Early the next morning, I did as the Lord instructed, and low and behold, it worked.

I can remember my mother praying about lost keys, and in the night, God would tell her where they were.  Yes, hidden in a place you would not think to look, but God knew where they were.

Another time, my youngest daughter could not find her shoes in time for school.  I asked the Lord, “Please Lord, where are those shoes?”  Look behind the sofa came out of my spirit, and yes, there they were.

 My friend, Kristin contributed an awesome story to “Tell Me a True Story,” about God supplying Tickets for the Amusement Park, when her boys prayed.  How they danced when God answered this simple request.

Often we think, God is too busy to help us with small details.
 
The truth is that God is just waiting for us to ASK.

1John 3:22  And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.


 

3 comments:

Floyd said...

It really is the simple things in life that God is ever present, not just the big things. I appreciate the fact that your first instinct is to call out to our Father. I need to be more like that. Thanks for the reminder, Hazel.

FancyHorse said...

That's what He wants us to do, ask Him for all things big and small! I've prayed for lost keys, green lights, and sick pets. He answers them all, praise God!

Sharon said...

Hazel, I love this post. I have also prayed for parking spaces (and gotten them), misplaced things (and found them), and a myriad of other *little* prayer requests that God has faithfully answered.

Sometimes I think we forget that God delights in taking care of the details, too.

GOD BLESS!