Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Conversation in the Stable



Stable courtesy free clip art
 
All was still in the stable, except the cows and sheep in the stable were talking to each other;

“Move over I am being crowed with all these people taking up room in our stable. 

Now Look what they have done to our feed trough !!    Oh no, there is a tiny little person in our manger.  How can this be for we shall go hungry.”

“Quit your complaining because at least there is a pile of hay over in the corner so we won’t starve.”

“That little person sure is quiet with all our mooing and bleating.”

“Wait here come some strangers bursting in and they seem excited.  I wish I could understand Human talk, but it appears they have seen a great light.”

“Can you wonder why they bow down and adore the new child?”

A lamb spoke up and said, “At least we can understand angel speech, and they are saying that this child will be the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.

They are speaking of a sacrifice never before heard of.  I know at the temple some of my relatives entered at the time of sacrifice but they never returned. 

The angels say that there will NO LONGER be a need for animal sacrifices because this child is eventually destined to be the final sacrifice for all man kind.  He will die, but can you believe it - - He will not stay dead.  He will be resurrected in three days, show himself to many and after 40 days he will return to heaven from where he came.

One of the older sheep said, “You are a good listener, but just in case if they need an animal sacrifice tonight, lets you and me get out of here.

Soon all was quiet and all that could be heard was the mother singing a lullaby to the babe and the cooing of doves in the eves.

 
"Behold, the virgin shall be with Child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us." Matthew 1:23, NKJV 

4 comments:

Betty Jo said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Hazel! I truly enjoyed reading this post. Thank God for His incredible birth, and sacrifice.

Floyd said...

Cool story! I never thought of an animal narrative based on their perspective... Clever! And the Truth of our Savior and His sacrifice shared. Nice job, Hazel.

Sharon said...

What a fun *look* at the manger! You know, I've always wondered what the whole scene looked like from the perspective of the animals. My grandbeagle is so attuned to my spirit and my emotions, I'm wondering if the animals somehow knew that their Creator had arrived!

Happy New Year, Hazel. Looking forward to more of your delightful writing.

GOD BLESS!

Unknown said...

I love this story.