Sunday, August 21, 2016

It is Time to Serve


 
 

As Pastor Allan ministered I took notes and present a digested Sermon here for you.

You have noticed that there are changes, and not everyone is happy.  Some do not like the new chairs that replaced the pews.  Others are murmuring because we no longer serve a free lunch after church.  Not everyone was pleased with Jesus and some were offended at His words.  Jesus was only concerned if He was pleasing his Father.

Understand that as Pastor, I seek God first and also consult with mature other Pastors.  It is good if we can all go in the same direction and allow God to create in us a new mind set.

Recognize why we are here and know that we are to love and serve one another.

First we are here to worship God and to enter into His presence.  Even before you arrive, it is important for you to cry out to God in your secret place and prepare your heart.  It is then God will bring “Revival” into the corporate community outside our church. 
 
Revival begins as we allow the fire of the Holy Spirit to burn out all in our lives that is not pleasing to God.    People come to church with serious spiritual needs and we as a body are here to minister to them.

Last week as we prayed over those who came forward, a woman was completely delivered and set free.  I saw her a few days later and her face was wreathed in smiles.

I must confess.  I ask you to let us know when you are sick, than I fail to do likewise.  This week I spent some time in the hospital.  Sister Linda came and shared what she has been teaching about “Water.”  I was a captive audience, and she blessed me with her visit.  Some time back, I had a surgery, I didn’t tell you about.  I say this to let you know that I don’t have it all covered.  I am human and I need your prayers and your support.

Jesus came not to do his own will, but to do the will of His Father which was to offer eternal Life to all who believe in Him.

John 6:38-40  For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. - - For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day."

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to equip and guide us.  Faithful teachers and Preachers will prepare and train you to go out and share the Gospel with others.

The apostles rose up and began to speak and minister like Jesus.  The Religious leaders told them to be quiet, but they said, they could not be still but must obey God.

We realize in some places there is much suffering for the sake of the Gospel, but many no longer pray that persecution be stopped, because the persecuted church is prospering and souls are being saved.

Philippians 2:5-9  Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, and being made in the likeness of men. He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name- -

Jesus had every right to exalt himself, but in doing the Father’s business, He humbled himself in love.

We must humble ourselves according to - - 2 Chronicles 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Humble yourself, pray, seek God’s face, turn from our sins, then God will hear and answer your prayers.

May we desire to be like Jesus and to Love and Serve others.  It is not wrong to come asking for help, but there also comes a time to mature and consider the provision of others. 

I am here to please God almighty and I am here for you.  Are you here for me and for each other?

It is time to serve.  May we ask, “How can I serve you Lord Jesus.”
 
 
 

1 comment:

Lux G. said...

To love and serve according to God's will. :)
Thank you for always sharing your church's teachings.