Monday, August 29, 2016

Stand in the Gap


For Our Church, Our City, and Our Nation
 

Pastor Allan was preaching as I took notes and present an edited message for you.

Pastor stated that our society is entering a season of change and we need leaders who will not compromise. 
 
Many say I am only one person, what can I do about it?  You have heard people make statements like: My vote doesn’t really count; or I’m not educated or capable. 

You might remember in 1963 that one woman, Madalyn Murray Ohair, single handedly had prayer and Bible reading removed from the public schools.  She was one Voice used by Satan to destroy many lives.
 
One Voice – One person can change public opinion for the better. 

Ezekiel 22:30 So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.

For someone to stand in the Gap, they intercede on behalf of another.  They rescue and plead for someone, even taking their place.  We can stand in the gap for different things; for salvation, for healing, for deliverance.

God is not a man, He speaks to the elements.

Jeremiah 5:6 Run to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem; See now and know; and seek in her open places if you can find a man, if there is anyone who executes judgment, who seeks the truth, and I will pardon her.

Isaiah 59:16  He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor;

God seeks for ONE person to stand in the Gap for the city to prevent Judgment.

In the Bible I am reminded of men of God who were willing to stand in the Gap

Moses stood in the Gap and pleaded with God not to destroy the Children of Israel. God was angry with the Children of Israel and wanted to execute judgment on them, but God listened to Moses.

Samuel was another who cried out in behalf of Israel and God answered his prayer.

David’s heart was inclined towards God and he worshiped in behalf of his people.

Psalms 106:45  And for their sake God remembered His covenant, and relented according to the multitude of His mercies.

You have family members who are not walking as they should.  We put our self in their place and we cry out to God to have mercy.

Jesus came down from heaven to fill the Gap.  He interceded as He fulfilled the promise of a redeemer.  Jesus stepped up and took our place as He suffered a horrible death. He was willing to die, to be resurrected and to be seated in order to fill the gap and make a bridge between earth and heaven.  Jesus is the only way to the Father, and we can become a bridge for someone who needs Jesus. 

Peter and John stopped at the crippled man, who cried out for alms.  They became the voice of God and the man was healed.  Don’t walk past, but stop. You can be a voice.  Cry out the names of those who need Jesus.  Be noisy. 

If one person in 1963 can change for the wrong, may we sacrifice, fast and intercede and be heard to change our Nation.

Take advantage to stand in the gap when you are worshipping. We all have needs.  Some today are suffering in their bodies, while others are still struggling in their addictions.  We as believers can enter the throne room, stand in the gap and seek their peace.

Some are attending church alone, because you have a difficult time to get husband or wife, or even your children to attend church.  Stand in the gap for them.

You as one person standing in the gap – can and will make a difference.
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

caryjo said...

I graduated in '63, and when I was a kid, in schools in Tacoma, and one in Portland, and Klickitat, hearing the Word of God through principles and teachers really made me know the Bible. I knew I was a rotten kid, b/c of my horrific life, and the Lord strongly broke into me when I was 20, b/c I was so sinful in Seattle I was considering suicide. Anyhow, it was a HUGE blessing for me to hear the Bible at school. Sorry to talk so much here, but you grabbed my attention and grabbed my heart. Thank you!