Sunday, March 5, 2017

Wait On the Lord

 
 

 
Pastor Allan at Open Door Church was proclaiming a prophesy regarding God sending the Holy Fire to cut the deadness and trim us to be a people to stand and allow our light to permeate the darkness.  “Send the Holy fire that changes lives and shuts off all that defiles.  God’s love is as a fire to separate us from all that is unholy and to purge us.  Our daily activity will be pleasing to Him as we walk in His will.” 
 
Then Pastor Allan turned the service over to our Guest minister Roger.  I took notes and share with you his digested message.
 
It is time to wait on God and remove our crying and sadness. 
Reading from: Isaiah 20:2  At the same time the Lord spoke by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, “Go, and remove the sackcloth from your body,
 
Lift up your eyes and see what God has provided by His strength.
 
Isaiah 25:1  O Lord, You are my God. I will exalt You, I will praise Your name, For You have done wonderful things; Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
 
Lord we pray to dispel the darkness by your power and your fire shedding its light.  Your ways are just and perfect, for you Lord are the creator of the universe.  You give power to the weak and comfort to the weary.  Bring encounters with the God of Heaven.
 
The key is to wait on the Lord for He will renew your strength and you shall not faint.
Allow God to move and not of your fleshly self.
 
If you think God is late with His answer - - Wait on the Lord.
 
Gideon was hiding in the winepress and an angel appeared declaring, “You are a mighty man of valor, and you will deliver God’s people.” Gideon saw himself as unworthy, weak, afraid and had to be convinced this was of God.  God told him to go down to the enemy camp and eavesdrop.  There he heard one of the enemy men relate a dream to a fellow soldier and they interpreted it as God would give Israel the victory.
 
Know that God has your future in His hand.  God is a good God and He is your inheritance.  Wait on the Lord and listen, especially in the night seasons.
Psalms 16: 1-7  Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.  O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extends not to thee; but to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight. The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: you maintain my lot, yea, I have a goodly heritage.  I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
Moses was overwhelmed because of the thousand of people all wanting his personal attention.  Jethro gave Moses some Godly advice to delegate leaders to assist him.  God was pleased and He anointed the elders with a spirit of wisdom.  
 
We try to work up something and that is “religion.”  Often we must walk it out, with ups and downs.  It is time to wait on the Lord for the manifestation.  God does a better job than you.
 
Wait for the outpouring.  He knows your name and desires to use you. 
 
California has 58 counties that are experiencing a Wake Up Call.  Humble your self under the mighty hand of God and He will lift you up.  He watches over His Word to perform it.  Your inheritance is the Lord. 
 
If God has given you a word; Wait on the Lord for His timing.  Sometimes He gives us a quick study.  Change is part of living.  Sometimes to us it makes no sense, but God is not the God of confusion. 
 
God didn’t hire us, because we are His children, and God is our inheritance.  He is a good father.  Wait on the Lord and be confident he will not leave you comfortless.
 
Revival is happening everywhere,  the Glad tidings needs to be heard and the good news shared. 
 
Wait on the Lord, and break forth with joy and with the Fire of the Holy Spirit.
 
 
 

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thank you for sharing this. I needed the encouragement tonight. God bless you!

TC Avey said...

Love this part: "Wait on the Lord and listen, especially in the night seasons."

I sometimes get so busy I forget to stop and listen. Great reminder. God is in control and God loves me. I need to make the time to listen!

Unknown said...

It's such a hard thing to do; to wait. But not waiting, I found, is a sure way to disaster. He is sovereign, He will not be pushed or mocked. This life and times is according to His good will and grace and we're praying as He has directed. Waiting for the revival to build.

caryjo said...

Sharing and sharing and sharing the Word of God and giving a lot of the spiritual info. Thank you for sharing this info. Bless you!

Lux G. said...

Amen, amen. Waiting on the Lord.