Sunday, November 14, 2010

Green Hair Vs Red

Her sharp eyes met mine, and she blurted out, “What are you looking at?”

How could I help but see her? Her entire being was crying out, “Look at me!”

I was actually thinking that this girl needs attention, and she is demanding it in the wrong way.

I won’t say multiple piercing, but a few anyway, and her green hair was certainly striking.

Not wanting to be rude, as I looked her in the eye, I replied, “I just think your hair is awesome.”

Her countenance softened and she weakly said, “Well thank you.”

Now green is not MY color at least not for hair. I once told the girls where I worked, that I might consider red if I ever want to change my blond hair to something else.

To be honest, I don’t need the attention that a new red hair color might bring to me.

For me, I gained my acceptance by performance. I worked very hard in school for good grades not only to please my parents, but to feel better about myself.

Being the best at what I did was an attempt to perhaps even please God. I am not always the best, but I endeavor to be, not better than, but at least, “as good as.”

As I reflect, I know that God loves us just as we are, but as someone has said; “He loves us too much to leave us that way.”

We can do nothing of our selves to earn favor with God. His love is unconditional and all God’s gifts are free, although there are some conditions that he places of his gifts.

Perhaps number one, He desires that we be willing and obedient. There is a difference about obeying but not really wanting to. God yearns for our attitude to be of a willing nature as we obey Him.

1Peter 5:6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time.

As I have grown older it is not carelessness, but I suppose that I actually “Care Less” what people think of me. I do care more about what God thinks of me

What I really desire is for others to see, Jesus in me, and that is what I strive for.

Paul said, “Look at me,” and follow me as I follow Christ.

No comments: