Monday, November 1, 2010

White and Bright

In the early 1950s I went to work in the office at a Chemical Company that produced Laundry detergents in large 50 pound bags.

The enterprise was new, and had started in the owner’s garage, but when the business grew, he was forced to move to a larger location. The warehouse was usually full of smelly dust from the grinding machine and even though the worker wore a mask, his eyes were always red.

Our records could not be in alphabetical order because almost every customer was named Launderette, so the simple answer was to file by address.

In those days, the launderette businesses would wash and fold your clothes, using the soap purchased from our company.

The bags were heave and bulky, but after sampling the detergent, I discovered my white laundry came out much whiter and brighter than ever before.

Times have changed and now most Launderettes have vending machines with small boxes of supplies available for the customer at a price.

When I left the chemical company job, I continued to purchase their soap.

My friend asked me to care for her baby while she worked, and we were both surprised as her babies dingy diapers began to change to white and bright from the use of my soap.

In life, there are dingy wrongdoings that may cling to us, but the Bible tells us that if we come and confess to the Lord, that He will WASH us whiter than the snow.

Psalms 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

God makes it simple, just your desire to be free from the dirt and smelly filth; and to talk to him like you would talk to your friend. Tell Him all about it and ask Him to clean you with his special cleanser

It will seem like magic, as in no time at all you will be white and bright.

Revelations 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.


John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

No comments: