Thursday, December 2, 2010

Black Friday and Breakfast Pizza

I am not a morning person, and although the Black Friday specials are alluring, no way am I getting up that early for the best bargains.  I leave that to my husband and my son and my son-in-law and those who are willing and able to get up and GO that early.

A few years back, my daughter did convince me to go shopping with her starting at 9:00 am (definitely not 4:00 am.)

I had the Thanksgiving Holiday Day off from work, and because my family was visiting, I requested a Friday Vacation day which gave me a long week end.  So my daughter and I took off to shop at the Chico Mall.

I did not notice the newspaper reporter taking our photo, but as we searched the counters for the perfect pajamas and night gowns - - we were snapped.

The next Monday when I reported for work, one of my supervisors informed me that my picture was in the paper as a shopper, and she emphasized that it was a good thing I had NOT called in SICK on Friday!!

Anyway, I was glad too, for my mother always told me, “Be sure your sin will find you out.”  Therefore I have learned from childhood, to always be truthful and honest. (Smile.)

Arriving back home, we dined on the Breakfast Pizza we rescued from the fridge and placed into the oven.

Here is my Award Winning recipe handed down to me from Mary Farrell.

Breakfast Pizza
1 package crescent rolls
1 lb bulk pork sausage
1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes
1 cup shredded sharp cheese
5 eggs
¼ cup milk
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 T parmesan cheese

Cook sausage until browned. Drain off fat. Separate rolls into rectangles and place into un-greased pizza pan with points toward the center. Press over bottom and up sides to form crust, sealing perforations.

Spoon the sausage into crust. Sprinkle with potatoes. Top with shredded cheese. Beat eggs, add salt, pepper and milk, and pour over the crust. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Bake in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until eggs are set. Serves 6 to 8

This post was entered at Food on Fridays: http://annkroeker.com/ 
Amble on over for the many great recipes posted there.

2 comments:

April J Harris said...

What a great way to use crescent rolls! Your breakfast pizza sounds delicious.

Janis Van Keuren said...

Oh! That sounds wonderful! I will definitely be trying this. Thank you for your comment on my blog about "the fruit salad pudding with a twist".
So happy it will be shared by many at a church potluck~the best.

Blessings,
Janis