Monday, July 24, 2017

Meet God at the Watch Tower

This post is from my notes at the Sunday Morning Bible Study

 
Find a Place to Meet with God

The prophet Habakkuk had found a place where he could meet God and they would hold a conversation.  This is what each of us must do.  To find a place where we are comfortable and meet God so He can speak to us and us to Him. 

Habakkuk 2:1  I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will look forth to see what he will speak with me, and what I shall answer concerning my complaint. 

The prophet was upset with God because he had figured out what he thought God should do; and things were not happening according to the prophet’s plan.  He was willing to listen and then God spoke and told him to write it all down.

Habakkuk 2:2 Then the LORD said to me, "Write my answer plainly on tablets, so that a runner can carry the correct message to others.

It is good for you to keep a journal and write down things God is saying to you.  Be still before God and listen for answers.  Write down your dreams and visions and even your prayers.  Be still and wait to receive from God.  The important thing is our heart attitude.

Sit and wait for this is a relationship and is not to be hurried.

Our foundation of Faith is to daily meet God and it is okay to ask questions. 

How does it help you or the Body of Christ?  Is the message from God for every one, or simply personal?  It will become clear as you wait.

The prophet’s vision was timed for later, but it was true and at the right time it would be fulfilled.

Be careful not to be proud or lifted up.  Realize the just shall live by faith.  We must trust even if we don’t understand.

Faith is humble submission and personal loyalty to Him as our savior and Lord.  Looking only to Jesus as the basis of our salvation and acceptance before God; and acknowledging His absolute right to give orders and to have the final word about what is right and acceptable behavior and conduct on our part. 
 
As His people we are to have a moral uprightness and steadfastness to follow His ways no matter what the prevailing evil around us.  Regardless of the situation is and what ever happens - - we chose to remain upright and trust God.

We are not to worry, for God is in control and He will take care of us and bless us. 

Every day, come to “your tower” to meet God.

At my work place, I must make sure I am doing everything according to the “rules” of the company, State and Federal.  The rules may not be according to my opinion, but I am to follow them regardless.  Continue to check your attitude. 

We follow Christ and acknowledge he has given us guidelines, procedures of importance.  We are not to compromise and take short cuts.  Be comfortable as you obey God.  He demands moral uprightness and expects us to follow His will.  He calculates everything to shift into His general plan regardless of our present culture.  His “right” is absolute and there is NO turning with Him.

What God shares with you, understand it may come to pass at a later season; however  though it delays, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
 
 

3 comments:

Karen said...

This is a very helpful post and it encouraged me this morning. Many times God will lead me back to one of my old journal posts that is just what I need for the present situation. He did that this morning. He is so faithful! May you have a blessed and peaceful day.

Lux G. said...

Amen. God's time table is different from ours.

Unknown said...

A needed reminder to meet with our Father who provides all things... including our breath. Not to mention that's where we find peace. I keep coming back to that from your words, Hazel.

Words... what a powerful creation from God.