Thursday, February 17, 2011

Aunt Edna’s Cheese Fruit Salad

When ever we enjoyed a visit to my Aunt Edna, we knew she was preparing something special for our dinner.

Aunt Edna baked wonderful cakes and pies, and she knew just what our young bodies were craving in the line of food, but my favorite was her salad.

I always hoped she would treat us with her fruit salad, because it was so exceptional and out of the ordinary.

She used fresh bananas, and the sauce she made for the salad kept the bananas tasting and looking good.

My mother gave me Aunt Edna’s recipe, and I used it many times for parties and pot luck dinners.

Here I will share it with you and hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Cheese Fruit Salad

1 large can pineapple chunks
6 bananas
½ pound American cheese cut in small pieces

Sauce

Juice from can of pineapple
2 T lemon juice
1 egg
2 T flour mixed with
 cup sugar

Cook sauce until thickened - - -
Cool and fold over fruit and cheese.
Serve chilled.

This post has been entered in: Ann Kroeker's Food on Fridays at http://annkroeker.com/
Do visit her site and gather up some delicious and nutritious recipes.









No comments: