Thursday, February 17, 2011

I was Electrocuted !!

The final touches were being put on our dinner, and I was browning the fat from the chicken fried steak in order to make the gravy. I was happy and singing a tune to myself.

While still holding on to the cast iron skillet, I reached the short distance to the refrigerator for some milk.

What happened next was shocking to say the least. Electric volts went through me, and I screamed while falling backwards, my hand still holding the skillet. As I fell, the skillet slipped off the burner, breaking the electrifying connection.

My husband does not like screaming, so he rushed to the kitchen to see what the noise was all about. There I lay on the floor, with the skillet next to me, but fortunately not on me. No words would come forth from my lips, until I finally was able to recover myself.

Slowly I explaining what had just occurred, and I was in no mood to sing anymore. My husband lovingly assisted me to the sofa to lie down, and he finished making the gravy.

That night we had dinner buffet style, helping ourselves from the stove. I was not injured, but was still shaken, so the kids did the dishes, and all was well again.

This incident caused my husband to determine that either the electric stove or the refrigerator needed to be grounded so he called our friend who was able to take care of it for us. None of us wanted a repeat performance of this kind.

I am reminded that the Bible speaks of building your life on a good foundation, and being grounded in the Word of God and knowing what you believe.

Ephesians 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may know the love of Christ, which passes knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven . . .

In Christ there is a time and a place to become electrified in Him. We sing an old song, Oh Lord Send the Fire Just Now. That song refers to the Holy Spirit Baptism with fire.

May I urge you to understand that if God zaps you with His fire, you may think you are being electrocuted!

Recognize that what is happening is scriptural and that he is filling you with His powerful anointing current so you can be His witness in this world.   Acts 1:8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgHKKLopKik



1 comment:

  1. Hazel, I'm glad you're OK. That must've been scary, thank God you didn't get hurt.
    About the post, I liked how you ended it with the scripture, nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

How to leave a comment - Select Name/Url and enter your Name in the name box.. (do not enter anything in the URL box) Be sure to click the box - I am not a robot.