Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hydrangeas in Bloom



image courtesy photobucket.com
 Two of my gorgeous blue hydrangea plants are in full bloom, so on Sunday I decided to take a vase full of the blossoms to church with me. and set them on a table in the entry.

The service had not yet begun, and one of the ushers came to me mentioning that the member who had volunteered to bring flowers for that day, had forgot - - and would I mind if they placed my flowers on the alter table in front of the church.

Of course I was happy they could use my bouquet and it pleased me much.

When church was over, I asked one of the ladies if she would like to take my flowers home as I knew she enjoys drying flowers to make potpourri. As it turned out this was the lady who forgot her gift, and although she was embarrassed, she was happy to accept mine.

As is our custom after church we adjourn to the fellowship hall where we enjoy coffee or tea, treats and camaraderie. Another lady came to me and asked if she could please have the bouquet to take to one of our members who is in the hospital.

Now there was a conflict of sorts but I explained my promise to our other sister in Christ, but if she would agree to give up the flowers, then I would bring her more flowers next week

They were able to decide to take a vase of lilies that was beautifying the fellowship hall to the hospital instead, so everybody was happy.

It is amazing how a lovely handful of God’s beautiful posies can make the heart glad.

As soon as I arrived home from church, I made a visit to my garden, and picked another bouquet for our kitchen, and brought a ray of blue sunshine into our home.

Song of Solomon 2:12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

This post has been shared at: Joy’s Wednesday; Flaws and Nakedness

This post is also linked with Jennifer at:  God-Bumps and God-Incidences

7 comments:

joy said...

I love what you do and your activities in your church and it isnpires me. Thanks for sharing:)

Anonymous said...

Hazel, you are so sweet! Love, Vicki K

a joyful noise said...

Thanks Vicki K, Our ladies at our church are sweet too!

Lisa Lewis Koster said...

What beautiful hydrangeas - I just love them!

Floyd said...

Glad your gift didn't turn into a blow up, sounds like you have great hearted people in your church. Appreciating the beautiful works of God is a gift to be shared for sure.

Floyd said...

I'm glad your gift didn't turn into a blow up. Sounds like your church has great hearted people in it. And who doesn't appreciate the beautiful work of our Father's hand? They are beautiful.

MarveLes Art Studios said...

One of my favorites... I always look forward to them in the Montana spring (in the stores) and would love to grow them! But... not so much in Montana. Lovely post.