|Angels over your City|
Today our prayer group met at the Oroville Dam to pray over our city. Pastor has asked me to have a short word before we walk and pray.
I realize that people get discouraged when they do not see something happening. Pastor reminded us that there are things happening in our city that he knows about and he believes it is our prayers working. We don’t see it but Pastor does.
My thoughts for today were about spiritual weapons especially over our THOUGHTS.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ
How do we use spiritual weapons to pray over our city, (Or our problems)?
1. The Word of God memorized and spoken. Another way is to select a scripture with promise and utilize it as a prayer.
2. Praying in other tongues as the Holy Spirit gives utterance. If you do not have the gift of tongues - - it is appropriate to use tones to moan or laugh.
3. Resist the devil and his thoughts by replacing with positive God’s thoughts. Understand all those thoughts of not being good enough - - are NOT from God.
4. Music brings a mood of prayer if you are home, other wise – Praise and sing your prayer.
5. Seek God’s face and put your (fleshly self) all on the alter. Be sold out for Jesus.
After about an hour we meet and reveal what God has been speaking to us.
I shared; the Lord gave me the words, UNITE and IGNITE. We need the fire of the Holy Spirit over our city – and a fire starts with a small spark – then it ignites and soon bounces to a new location until there is a raging fire consuming the dry and dead wood and brush. Pastor added Unite- Ignite – and Consume.
Each person shared what God is doing in their lives, and we then dismissed in prayer.
Before we left, I shared an amazing thing that happened to me Monday night. I woke around 2:00 am to get up and go to the bathroom. I heard music and it sounded like a guitar or stringed instrument playing a fast chorus. There was singing and it sounded like a praise to God.
This shocked me and at first I thought my clock radio must be on. I bent down close and it was Not the radio. Then I thought it must be in the office where my husband’s computer is always on. No that wasn’t it either. I went into the bathroom and the music continued until I return to my bed and then it stopped. I know it was NOT my imagination – and the most logical explanation was Angels playing and singing.
All I could say was “Thank you Jesus, that was nice.”