|Abide in Jesus|
Many are selecting a word - - good words all, and I pondered if there was a word that should be mine for this year. As I considered - - finally was dropped into my heart the word “ABIDING.”
God has been speaking to me that I have left Him to the end of the day all my life to read my Bible. Now for me to be abiding in the vine, I must change my old habits and begin my day with the Bible first, then my usual devotionals that are my morning habit.
If we are ABIDING in Jesus, his spirit will abide in us. As I opened my Bible this morning I was reading about David and his anointing to become King.
1Samuel 16:13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward.
1Samuel 17:45 Then said David to the Philistine, You come to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
David was the least of his brothers and his brothers called him a smarty pants when he asked questions about the giant Goliath. No one thought he could do anything good.
How about YOU? Are you ever in the place where you believe about yourself what others have said? Are self doubts plaguing you?
It is time to change our thinking and our believing and to pick up our five stones and get them ready to use.
Pick up Your Five Stones
1. David sang while he tended his sheep - - perhaps we need to sing unto our lord.
2. David communed to himself with encouragement - - perhaps we can speak to our self with positive words.
3. David walked in his anointing. May we pick up our mantel and know God is with us.
4. When trouble came David was not afraid. Fear has no part in us.
5. David knew in his own strength He was helpless, but he depended on his God. So can you.
First things first – Decide to Abide in Christ and He in you.