Saturday, February 22, 2014

Just Saying for Rain


Declare a Thing to Be Done and Believe
 
Here in California we are in what is declared to be a draught.  Our Lake Oroville that supplies the water for most of California is so low that water rationing is being considered.

A few are Praying for rain, but most just think, “This too shall pass.”

Recently at church I shared a short story from my book three and titled it “Just saying.” 

I told about a time in Oklahoma when the TV announcer urged everyone to go to a shelter because a tornado was headed for Broken Arrow where we lived. 

My husband asked me to put our dogs in the laundry room and let’s go to the shelter.  I believe in using wisdom, so I prepared to leave. 

However FIRST I needed to open my back door and hold my fist to heaven and shout to that tornado, “Don’t you come nigh my dwelling.”  

Then we went to the shelter and enjoyed some coffee provided there and waited.  After about an hour they announced it was safe to return home.

What happened was as the tornado approached Broken Arrow, it lifted, went over the city and landed in a field taking out a couple of trees and then fizzling out.

As I related this story at my church, I told the congregation, we know that we need rain here in California, and some say to pray for rain.  Instead I am saying let us say with our mouth and speak to those pressure systems that are holding back the storms to release their hold and allow the rain to come.

I am not sure if the people agreed with me or not, but maybe they did because the next couple of days we had some showers which helped.
 
We need to keep saying and believing for a gully washer and some snow.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.


Just keep on Saying.


Yes You.  God does not limit who can say a declaration (and believe) and that includes YOU!

Reporter Gloria Goodal says
Many states have seen an easing of drought conditions, but not California, mired in its worst in more than a century.
The culprit, a high pressure ridge parked offshore that is blocking winter storms from coming to California.  Then rise and go North instead! 
(* * * * *)
The pressure system is feeding on itself enlarging the fact to keep the storms from coming to California. It is time for believers to SAY with their mouth and speak to the pressure system to release its hold on the storms and allow them to come in to California! 
 
JUST SAYING !!
 
 This post is shared with Charlotte’s Spiritual Sundays
 
 
 

No comments: