Sunday, August 25, 2013

Courageous Conversations With God

God is Still Speaking
courtesy photobucket.com

One of our ladies read Psalms 71:1-6 prior to the sermon for Sunday.

In You, O Lord, I put my trust; Let me never be put to shame.
Deliver me in Your righteousness, and cause me to escape;
Incline Your ear to me, and save me. Be my strong refuge,
To which I may resort continually; For You are my rock and my fortress.

Pastor Jerry spoke about the holiday seasons and how quickly they flash by.  We just ended the three months of Pentecost and it is almost Advent time again.  Christmas will soon be upon us and our conversations continue about the future.

Discernment is not a religious word, but it means, to determine quality or value of an event.  It is an in-depth understanding and wisdom to discover God’s will. 

Discernment is not one of the Spiritual Gifts, but it is simply listening to God

Interview With God Poem, was read by Pastor Jerry.  This poem challenges us to learn from Him and Grow in Grace.

At some point in the past, a group decided our town needed a church and this church and others came into being.

Another group recognized that there were homeless, poor and needy people and they established a Rescue Mission in our city.  Other agencies were also set up to meet certain needs of individuals and families in our community.

Two Sundays ago, a paper was given to those present here at church, with questions to consider for introspection as to our personal spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ.

We were asked to reflect if we had accepted Jesus Christ as our Savior, and was our Salvation experience up to date.

With God time is eternal and our decision for Jesus assures us of everlasting life.

Regardless of our age we can Trust God and realize our hope is secure in Him.

Perhaps you would like to find a quiet place and interview God for yourself.  He is available no matter the time of day or night.

God is still speaking, and that is a comforting thought.

 
This post is shared with Charlotte’s Spiritual Sundays

This post is also Linked with Michelle’s Hear it on Sunday Use it on Monday

 

5 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

What a beautiful church community you must have, Hazel. It sounds so delightful in wanting people to have an authentic relationship with the Lord.

Oh, how I love Psalm 71! After spending time in it over and over earlier this year in *trying* to memorize it, I fell in love with the truths that David was sharing and how he shared them. Made me happy to see it here this morning, like an old friend. :-)

TC Avey said...

Time does go by so quickly. We think there is 'time' to read our Bibles later, to do good things for others later...truth is, the best time is NOW.
Don't put it off for tomorrow because tomorrow may never come.

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

Our God is the Living God, available today as in times of old, and not just between the pages of a book. Praise Him!

Floyd said...

I love that Psalm too. "My strong refuge." Was then, still is. With you completely, sister. May we all be silent and still enough to hear our Father speaking His love in and over us as He guides us home...

Janis Van Keuren said...

Discernment takes time to hear from God so that we may discern His will. And we are such a rushed society--or maybe it's just me that fills my plate too full.
From the Psalm that was read, I, too, look to God as my constant source of strength and my refuge.
Blessings,
Janis