Monday, April 5, 2010

Cleansing Solution

Public Transportation was excellent in our city, so a group of us teenagers decided to take the bus to the swimming pool in a nearby town.

The gorgeous indoor pool was heated so we could swim almost anytime! There were no worries about getting sun burned either. After an enjoyable day, the group of us headed for home - - another bus ride.

The next day, I noticed that my head was itching terribly, causing extreme discomfort. When I complained to my mother, she told me it probably was the chlorine in the water and to shampoo my hair. When shampooing did not relieve the itch, I combed and brushed. Lo-and-behold, there was something strange wiggling around on my towel. My mother immediately called the nurse!

Embarrassed to tears, my mother shared with the nurse that somehow I had contacted lice! The nurse comforted my mother and related that this was not an uncommon occurrence; there was special treatment available at the local drug store. The nurse assured my mother that it could have been picked up on the bus by resting my head on the seat back, or even at the swimming pool.

How or when some things manage to attach themselves to us is anybody’s guess. This miserable occurrence was neither expected nor planned.

Now I could understand a little bit about how an outcast leper might feel, because I felt dirty and unclean. I was just happy to know that my distressing situation was quickly and easily treatable! All I had to do was apply the proper cleansing solution!

In a similar manner, we all have, from time to time, stepped outside of the boundaries that God has set up for us. Somehow we ended up with unwanted guilt and condemnation; the way out is easily obtained with the proper cleansing solution.

The blood of Jesus is the cleansing agent! His Blood is always available to swiftly do away with unwanted vermin that may have attached itself to our souls.

1John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Commit your way to Jesus and trust Him to keep you each day!

No comments: