Thursday, April 22, 2010

God Said, “Check Her Pocket!”

Each morning as my children left for school, I gathered them close to me and prayed over each one for their safety. Prayer for alert minds and for a good day at school was also part of the routine.

One particular afternoon my youngest daughter prepared to leave for her kindergarten class. As I prayed over her, the Lord prompted me, “Look in her coat pocket.”

I told my daughter, “God has just told me to look in your pocket!”

She was embarrassed and flustered, as I cautiously and carefully reached into her pocket. Out came an item that she was secretly sneaking to school!

“What is this?” I asked.

She replied, “It is for show and tell.”

The item itself was insignificant. The problem was that she had not asked permission and the item was being hidden from me.

Mother has a direct line to the voice of God!” was the understanding of my young children. In all honestly, that is what I wanted them to believe. I hoped that ‘Mother- knows-all’ might help prevent them from getting into terrible trouble!

Of course, in His mercy throughout the years, God did not reveal every action that my children concealed from me. If He had done so, I probably could not have handled it!

We often suppress the fact that God knows everything that we plan and do. The truth is that nothing is hidden from the Lord. Just because we don’t get ‘caught” every time we have something in ‘our pocket’ doesn’t mean we received a free pass or that God forgot!

We make decisions and judgments based on what we see on outside information, but God considers the heart. He knows our very thoughts . . . and motives.

God can’t be outsmarted! We can’t sneak anything by Him! It is best to be open with God and to ask His permission and His assistance as we make our plans in life. He is readily available and He can be called on at any moment for any occasion.

The Lord is a very present help at all times - - not just in times of trouble.

Hebrews 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear . . .

No comments: