Saturday, April 3, 2010

Blood Donor

“Sorry, but we can’t use your blood, it is just not acceptable,” were the words I heard on the other end of the telephone line.

The news was on and I had just heard an appeal for blood. Seriously injured, a young motor cycle rider had lost a great deal of blood. The news continued with a telephone number to call to become a volunteer. Hastily I phoned the number and was ready to offer my blood for this young man.

The lady at the call center told me that first she needed to ask me some questions. She inquired if I had ever had a life threatening ailment and I answered,” Yes”.

I told her that when I was 12 years old I suffered a very bad case of jaundice. Her concern was that it might have been a form of hepatitis which would eliminate me from being a donor. She thanked me for calling but told me that they just could not use my blood because it was not suitable.

I felt rebuffed and rejected when I realized that NO one wanted my blood!

A short letter to the boy was quickly composed. I conveyed my earnest desire to help, and that I was so sorry that I could not, because the fact was my blood was not good enough. Then I told him how the blood of Jesus was also not wanted by so many. Briefly, I explained how Jesus was rejected but that we can choose to accept Him. The blood of Jesus will wash away our sins and we can become a believer in Christ.

There are religious organizations today that do not want the Blood of Jesus mentioned in their sermons, their songs, or in their literature. They are repulsed by the suggestion that a blood sacrifice was necessary to pay for our salvation. It is sad, but true, that His blood is still being rejected today by some.

Each time we receive communion, let us always remember that His body was broken for us, and that His blood was shed for our salvation.

The total sum of human blood on earth would not be enough to reconcile us to God. Only His precious blood will do - - - ours isn’t good enough!

Jesus spoke in the book of; Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Suggested Books you might be interested in:

The Power of the Blood (paperback) by H.A. Whyte
The Hidden Power of the Blood of Jesus (Paperback) by Mahesh Chavda
The Power of The Blood of Christ by Andrew Murray

No comments: